>>>SHOW & TELL<<< Your *RARE* + *VINTAGE* Watch Collection

Thread: >>>SHOW & TELL<<< Your *RARE* + *VINTAGE* Watch Collection

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    North-By-Nortwest of El Capitan, Yosemite, California

Picture >>>SHOW & TELL<<< Your *RARE* + *VINTAGE* Watch Collection

In recent visits to Barnes & Noble and Borders bookstores...
    I have been perusing some books and publications on horology, particularly, rare & vintage timepieces and I'm just curious how (for some of you at least) got started in acquiring some collectible timepieces.

I'm sure like many of us who are just getting our feet wet and embarking on making some acquisitions of vintage watches (sometime in the forseeable future), we'd like to hear stories/anecdotes and see some of your rare vintage beauties.

Love those close-up shots - - face and/or caseback...

>>>THANK YOU FOR SHARING !!! <<<

Banned

Re: >>>SHOW & TELL<<< Your *RARE* + *VINTAGE* Watch Collection

How are we defining "rare"? To me, it's an overused and often exaggerated word in the vintage watch game.

This one might qualify though - a 1964 Seamaster De Ville caliber 560 reference 166.020:

There were only 3000 caliber 560's made, and 90% of them came to the US to be installed into American made cases by the Norman Morris Corporation. They were Omega's US agent. They were the ones who asked for the name "De Ville", and it did so well that it became it's own line in 1968 separate of the Seamaster series after only 4 years (1963 - 1967). The watch I have is the only reference that was assembled in Bienne with a 560, one of about 300. These were marked "adjusted 2 positions" instead of the rest being "unadjusted". This one also has an uncommon dial configuration - most Seamaster De Villes had stick indices without any numbers. Desmond (member mondodec) and other members have discussed these on the Omega Forum a few times. More pics:

Sadly, the majority of caliber 560 watches you see on eBay are frankens now. I lucked out an got this one from my watchmaker - he called me when he got it knowing I'd get him some cash in a few days (I'm such a junkie for that era ). It's very crisp, as if it was sitting in a drawer for years and was never polished. I love it when watches find me instead of me hunting for years for the perfect example.

Banned

Here's one that you don't see at all - a late 60's 18K pink gold Ultra-Chron reference 8382 A:

There are plenty of gold filled, gold plated, two tone, and even 14K solid gold "C" cased U-C's floating around, but I've never seen another like this one anywhere.... not on eBay, not on vintage reseller's sites, nor on any of the forums. More pics:

With the price of Longines' vintage pieces going up, I think there's a possibility a few might come out of the woodwork.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If eBay is to be believed, every watch I own is a rare, one-of-the-kind collectable.

...can I include them here!? Hahahaha!
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

Shown before so il show it again, i have never seen another Red dialled Dynamic before so i think this one may qualify

I saw the title of this thread and thought it was an eBay ad

Here's one you don't see often, a 3 register Tissot Seastar from the 70s. Lemania Tissot movement.
    Wore it yesterday.

"My grail showed up today"

Quote Originally Posted by mrsnak View Post
    I saw the title of this thread and thought it was an eBay ad

Here's one you don't see often, a 3 register Tissot Seastar from the 70s. Lemania Tissot movement.
    Wore it yesterday.

Like this one, you mean??

Your right tho, I've seen hardly any of these 'on my travels' around the web!!

Also, not seen another one of these with a red dial, altho have seen a blue dial version for sale. Again, a Tissot with Lemania mov't

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMonkey View Post
    Like this one, you mean??

Your right tho, I've seen hardly any of these 'on my travels' around the web!!

Also, not seen another one of these with a red dial, altho have seen a blue dial version for sale. Again, a Tissot with Lemania mov't
    Nice! You see the 2 register more than the three. I don't think I've seen another 3 in quite a while. Nice in stainless, too. How long have you had it?
    "My grail showed up today"

This is my favorite vintage watch, not especially rare but hard to find in good condition.

Also have a Elgin 18s pocket watch and Luch ultraslim but those are more common.
    Buran Siberia (x2 black and white), Aviator Chrono II (poljot31681), Ferrari Jumbo Pit Crew,Alpha Jump Hour, MZI Skeleton, MKII Stingray,Elgin 18s,Agat stopwatch, Sturmanskie Sputnik,Raketa Pilot, Poljot Traveller,Tscheljabinsk military clock, Kirovskie Crab, Vostok Amphibia (tank dial), 3133 Strela replica, Alpha Jumphour Tank,Denissov Barracuda 31681,Laco B-Uhr type B, Stowa Antea KS

Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cavallino33

Quote Originally Posted by mrsnak View Post
    Nice! You see the 2 register more than the three. I don't think I've seen another 3 in quite a while. Nice in stainless, too. How long have you had it?
    Had that one about 6 months or so?!! Was working fine when I got it, but still put it into my watchguy for a check up and some TLC.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information