Small Ladies lever-fusee - Page 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Small Ladies lever-fusee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Small Ladies lever-fusee

Quote Originally Posted by aditya View Post

The only questionable repair I noticed is that the hole in the barrel bridge has been punched. This is something I have never understood. I see this in a lot of fusee movements. And yet, how does this hole wear out? The barrel arbour never moves (except for set up), so what causes the wear?

I am not home tonight, so I will document the service marks tomorrow.

Kind regards

Aditya
    I have exactly that problem with the Arnold and Dent, the barrel had also been 'pulled' out of upright and
    is running at an angle, they have also been punched and the dial plate hole bushed at some time.

I can only think that the pressure on the hole from the pull of the chain causes this somehow, perhaps a
    'rocking motion' of varying pressures is set up when winding the watch and over the years this causes the wear.

Quote Originally Posted by radger View Post
    I have exactly that problem with the Arnold and Dent, the barrel had also been 'pulled' out of upright and
    is running at an angle, they have also been punched and the dial plate hole bushed at some time.

I can only think that the pressure on the hole from the pull of the chain causes this somehow, perhaps a
    'rocking motion' of varying pressures is set up when winding the watch and over the years this causes the wear.
    Apologies for the late response. I have been mostly offline for the past few days due to a dodgy internet connection. Is your Arnold and Dent a full plate, 3/4 plate? Could you share pictures? Thanks. I suppose this Dent would be the 'palace of Westminster' Dent. I have got a going barrel 'Kendal and Dent' which, I believe, is an unrelated Dent.

Here are the three service marks on this watch. Cant make head nor tail of them

Last edited by aditya; August 14th, 2014 at 22:42.
    radger likes this.

Hi Aditya, thanks for that.
    I posted pics of the Arnold and Dent watch in a separate thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information