Some help in identification of a watch I am looking at please.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Champagne InHand
  • 2 Post By balaton
  • 1 Post By Champagne InHand

Thread: Some help in identification of a watch I am looking at please.

Some help in identification of a watch I am looking at please.

Hi everybody,

I am new to the Vintage and Pocket watch forum here, but not to WUS in other modern watches. I do own 2 vintage wristies and have my great grandfather's Hamilton open faced pocket watch with silver snowflake dial.

I am looking at a watch I like visually, but have never heard of the brand. It's powered by some A.Schild 25j automatic.

While the case-crown and crystal show the normal wear and tear of a plated-gold filled dress watch, which was pretty normal in the late 60s, I'm interested and curious if anybody think the dial and hands are legit.

I am fine with the 50 years of wear on the exterior. I do have a late 60s Tudor snowflakes hands ghost, and it cost me a lot and was compiled of 3 watches and sourced parts. I was fine with that, as it's what I wanted in that piece.

It this piece, an unknown to me, I'm bidding under $100US. I do like the dial and the hands look to have the correct aging, I'm just wondering if a watch with such a low price really have a non refurbished dial looking so clean. The seller claims that it's all original with no replaced or refurbished parts.

I have just two screen shots. One of the face and one if the movement.

If anybody could steer me a bit with some information I would gratefully appreciate it.

Is anything really standing out?

I would just replace the crystal and have the movement serviced. However with a low entry price and a claim of 100% original parts, I just want to be sure on this LIMIT Swiss piece.

Thanks, in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    parrotandpitbull likes this.

Re: Some help in identification of a watch I am looking at please.

Welcome to the Vintage forum. Nice-looking watch and the dial is entirely in keeping with the period, as is the style of the hands. I can't tell if they're replacements but the minutes hand, at least, seems to have lost its lume infill.

These watches pop up reasonably often on eBay and any I've seen have usually sold for well under three figures. Good luck and, in the meantime, perhaps this thread from 2012 will be of some interest: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/lim...nd-730500.html

Regards.
    Shum and Champagne InHand like this.

Thanks. I think I put in a Max bid of 75£. Obviously it's being sold out of the UK. If I win, it should be a decent find. Thanks for the link. There is so much in the vintage forums, it's nice to be steered in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    balaton likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You're most welcome.

Regards.

It is a nice looking watch

Yes it is very possible that a dial can be very clean with an old watch. As long as water does not get in and stain it or the watch was not exposed to a lot of sun or other things then it is possible to have a clean dial

I bought a nice Bulova Accuquartz from a seller that said he got it at an estate sale. He said it looked stunning in real life and that the pics don't do justice to it. I got it and he was right it is one of the best condition accutron/accuquartz watches i have ever seen

Here is a pic with its clean dial
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information