Something Different Added - Blueprints
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Something Different Added - Blueprints

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Sponsor thoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,965

    Something Different Added - Blueprints

    Through my low price trolling of the bay I came across these...I managed to snag all of them but one that sold before I saw them.

    They are blueprint negatives of 3 different Hamilton watches and one of the factory. The movements are the 950B, 992B and the Model 21 Chronometer. The pictures of the listings did not show very well but I could make out what each was, that and the titles helped. lol

    They had found a further 3 and managed a good picture of them but the others were not as clear. But all of them date to the early 40's.

    Model 21 balance with screws



    This is one of the balance wheel itself without screws....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blueprint2 21 Balance.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	12783215

    The 992B is harder to see but.....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blueprint 992B.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	12783231

    I am going to get them printed up and see how they come out.
    Last edited by thoth; January 6th, 2018 at 02:03.
    kazrich, James A, fish70 and 3 others like this.
    https://www.ThePassthrough.com

  2. #2
    Member James A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,748

    Re: Something Different Added - Blueprints

    Hi thoth,

    Interesting pick up.Could be nice framed! The link to the attachment is not working.

    Regards,

  3. #3
    Sponsor thoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,965

    Re: Something Different Added - Blueprints

    I updated it so it should show now.

    Still waiting on a call back from my father on best options for printing. He is an engineer so he better know lol.

    These days though so much is all digital.

    I use to print on the old blueprint machines that used ammonia.....glad those machines are gone.

    Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
    https://www.ThePassthrough.com

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member bsshog40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Tx.
    Posts
    2,132

    Re: Something Different Added - Blueprints

    Pretty cool. I agree with James, would look pretty cool framed up.
    Bobby - My original music! Check me out! Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...11CC8CC6093D80

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Something Different Added - Blueprints

    thoth...what a great find! This is yet another good reason to always be looking-out for strange & neat stuff: it can show up most anywhere.

    Now: if you could only discover a few, large (!) boxes filled with NOS parts for these critters...!! Michael.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,106

    Re: Something Different Added - Blueprints

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Maddan View Post
    thoth...what a great find! This is yet another good reason to always be looking-out for strange & neat stuff: it can show up most anywhere.

    Now: if you could only discover a few, large (!) boxes filled with NOS parts for these critters...!! Michael.

    We live in a wonderful time for vintage watches. The advent of the 3D Printer will allow the creation of hard to find/non existent parts as long as we have blueprints like this or an example.

  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    104

    Re: Something Different Added - Blueprints

    cool

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UTC
    Posts
    2,447

    Re: Something Different Added - Blueprints

    It has to be said that this is an assertion that has been widely refuted here by those considerably more expert than myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post
    We live in a wonderful time for vintage watches. The advent of the 3D Printer will allow the creation of hard to find/non existent parts as long as we have blueprints like this or an example.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,106

    Re: Something Different Added - Blueprints

    Quote Originally Posted by Habitant View Post
    It has to be said that this is an assertion that has been widely refuted here by those considerably more expert than myself.
    Pfhmph... Unless these so called "experts" have a time machine and have travelled forward in time 50 years from now and have seen that this is not able to be done and thus are able to correctly refute my assumption that it can be possible, these so called "experts" assertions that it is not possible is just as much speculation as my assertions that it is possible.


    After all if you asked most folks in Jan 1960 if they thought that travelling and walking on the moon was possible, most would have most likely said no. Yet only 9 years later men walked on the moon


    So who knows what the future hold with this technology. They are making impressive things now with it. Who knows what will happen with it in 5 or 10 years?

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UTC
    Posts
    2,447

    Re: Something Different Added - Blueprints

    Which is what they said when the quartz watch was first presented…




    Quote Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post
    Pfhmph... Unless these so called "experts" have a time machine and have travelled forward in time 50 years from now and have seen that this is not able to be done and thus are able to correctly refute my assumption that it can be possible, these so called "experts" assertions that it is not possible is just as much speculation as my assertions that it is possible.


    After all if you asked most folks in Jan 1960 if they thought that travelling and walking on the moon was possible, most would have most likely said no. Yet only 9 years later men walked on the moon


    So who knows what the future hold with this technology. They are making impressive things now with it. Who knows what will happen with it in 5 or 10 years?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Something different!
      By M4tt in forum Pilots' & Military watches
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: April 30th, 2007, 03:50
    2. Think The Earth wn-1 - Something Different and Special
      By anders213 in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: December 4th, 2006, 15:37
    3. Replies: 4
      Last Post: November 7th, 2006, 18:45
    4. Replies: 2
      Last Post: September 10th, 2006, 11:34
    5. Here's something different>>>
      By leewmeister in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: June 30th, 2006, 01:29

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •