Stopwatch Information

Thread: Stopwatch Information

Stopwatch Information

Hi. I am new here and have really enjoyed reading the forums. I have this old stopwatch that my Grandfather left me. Its not in fantastic condition but it means a lot to me. Can anyone give me any information about it please ? I can find similar on the net and they seem to be WW2 era. I cant find the same one though. Thanks in advance.
    Name:  IMG_0673.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  197.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_0674.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  299.3 KB

Re: Stopwatch Information

The hallmarks on this English sold timepiece may reveal some useful dating information.

I know almost nothing about stopwatch movements. They seem to be mostly pin lever movements. I've not stumbled across much information on the .net. But I am sure there is far more than I know out there somewhere...

Are there still 'spare parts' under the bridge? I've never seen that before...

The condition actually looks pretty good. I would have it serviced so your grandkids have a chance to enjoy it
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Hi. Thanks for the reply. The insides are good but the back plate is very worn. I have not looked under the spare parts bit yet. I will have a look around for a decent local repair shop if you think that is worthwhile. Thanks again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It looks like the movement has never suffered abuse. The crystal appears to be yellowing... this means it might be celluloid from the 20's or 30's. You probably won't be able to sell it for much but this is not normally an important factor in heirlooms.

Finding someone to work on it is hit or miss... most watchmakers competent enough to do the work are pretty busy and often don't like unique projects as they take more time but don't garner more money. But they exist and someone might well enjoy seeing this piece walk in their shop!
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

If its that old I am very impressed. I will get it checked out and let you know what they say. Thanks.

Thread Information