Storing pocket watch collection

Thread: Storing pocket watch collection

Storing pocket watch collection

I am curious to learn what solutions people use to store their pocket watches.

I have close to 20 various pocket watches and would love to learn about best practices. The solution needs to be able to accomodate watches in size up to 18.

Thank you!

Vintage & NAWCC Forum moderator Ben_hutcherson's Avatar

Re: Storing pocket watch collection

My collection is currently well over 100 watches.

Most of my watches are stored in green snap-top trays as sold by Desmond Lundy on Ebay. The trays are all physically the same size, but are available with different sized internal dividers to accommodate 12-20 size watches.

My really good ones get put in suede pouches and stored at the bank in my safe deposit box.
    Member National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors
    Member, NAWCC Chapter 149. Vice President and Secretary NAWCC Chapter 140. Member, NAWCC Convention Committee.
    Serious collector of American pocket watches-Waltham(and the predecessor companies) is my specialty.

Junk is on the bench or in five gallon cans. Better stuff is in a fireproof safe at the hacienda. The "irreplacable" is in the vault at the office.

p

**Whoops! Missed the "best practices" part the first time through! Sorry. p**
    Last edited by pithy; March 31st, 2012 at 00:55. Reason: failure to read o.p. carefully before posting
    Courtesy of ULF.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My father made me a very nice set of wooden flat of divided drawers, pocket watches 15/drawer, wristwatches with straps 16/drawer.

7 drawers in total - although I fear I need to ask him for another set for my Birthday, hopefully he kept all of his jigs.

Projects and others sit in plastic A4 size trays in my workshop, the junk in clip top lunch boxes.

Thread Information