Stowa Incabloc Questions

Thread: Stowa Incabloc Questions

Stowa Incabloc Questions

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can give my some information on a Stowa wrist watch that I recently acquired. I'm new to watches, but find myself drawn to vintage watches for their personality and history. I am considering taking this watch to a watchmaker to be cleaned and serviced so I may use it. It will run for brief periods after winding, but is difficult to wind. Perhaps it has been over-wound. Although I could open the case back, I don't have the proper tools and I don't want to scratch it. Here are some photos:

I appreciate any information that you can give me.

Thanks,

Don

Re: Stowa Incabloc Questions

Hi and welcome to the forum. You should not attempt to run the watch until you have had it serviced. We would need pictures of the movement for further identification, but the timeframe would be around 1970. Stowa is still in business and their official forum is here on WUS:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Stowa also has a section on their webpage showing different Stowa models over the years:
    http://www.stowa.de/museum/popup.php?uid=1
    Erik_H
    Member NAWCC Chapter 149

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you're drawn to it, get it serviced and wear it (in that order), by all means. Stowa is a good German marque with a long history and some great watches.

Thanks for the replies, the links and the welcome. I did read the Stowa history and looked at the Stowa museum before posting. I couldn't decide whether to post here or in the Stowa forum. I finally decided to post here. Maybe I'll get a photo of the movement before I post to the Stowa forum. Considering this was probably one of more than 1,000 watches in the Stowa catalog when it was made, I'm keeping my hopes for an ID realistic. But it would be interesting to know more of the history of this particular model.

I suppose what drew me to the watch was 1. low price and 2. the name. In the short time I've been interested in watches, Stowa is one of the brands (their current line) that I most want to buy. So this was my chance to own a Stowa on the cheap. I have no concept about how much it costs to get a watch serviced/repaired. There is a jeweler that does watch repair around the corner from my house. If it doesn't cost to much to get it into working order I'll be wearing it.

Thanks again! :thanks

Don

Thread Information