Stunning IWC Pocket Watch (1902)
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eeeb

Thread: Stunning IWC Pocket Watch (1902)

Stunning IWC Pocket Watch (1902)

Hello all,
    I found this stunning IWC pocket watch, its silver 0.900 with full inscriptions and beautiful beautiful Grandprix symbol. Looks very clean and nice for its age (1902), unfortunate tiny dial dent near 12 o clock. Do you think is the sale potential of this watch?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by yourronny79; November 25th, 2012 at 12:11.

Re: Stunning IWC Pocket Watch (1902)

Nice watch. We don't do valuations and normally tell folks to peruse completed eBay auctions. But this watch is rare enough you have to do that search over many months to find a comparable. Don't be surprised if it is lower than you feel it is worth. Quality pocket watches were often retained. Many have been built over the years. But demand is not high so they often go for a mere fraction of their original price (inflation adjusted).... to me that is one of their attractions - you get an awful lot for the price!
    yourronny79 likes this.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    Nice watch. We don't do valuations and normally tell folks to peruse completed eBay auctions. But this watch is rare enough you have to do that search over many months to find a comparable. Don't be surprised if it is lower than you feel it is worth. Quality pocket watches were often retained. Many have been built over the years. But demand is not high so they often go for a mere fraction of their original price (inflation adjusted).... to me that is one of their attractions - you get an awful lot for the price!
    Thanks, nice thoughts. Never sold a watch before so pls forgive, :) Do you think an auction house might be interested in something like this?

PS: When I took this watch in my palm I felt like a little heart beat. The weight, sound, shine is just wonderful. It "feels special", ah something hard to describe...just feels valuable,:)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by yourronny79 View Post
    Thanks, nice thoughts. Never sold a watch before so pls forgive, :) Do you think an auction house might be interested in something like this?

PS: When I took this watch in my palm I felt like a little heart beat. The weight, sound, shine is just wonderful. It "feels special", ah something hard to describe...just feels valuable,:)

Others with more experience will probably know more but it is my observation auction houses are great for rare expensive pieces but often don't even fetch eBay prices on lesser pieces.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

That is a stunning watch! Congrats!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Quote Originally Posted by yourronny79 View Post

I would talk to a local watchmaker in your local area who is familiar with pocket watches and see what he says....

Going on ebay is a option... but you need someone who is experienced to see what the watch would actually be worth... but what is also important is does it run and how accurate is the watch...

Seriously, get a local opinion in your area.

Thread Information