Super Rare Enicar Utrasonic Supertest EPSA compressor case watch. Anyone with some info?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Super Rare Enicar Utrasonic Supertest EPSA compressor case watch. Anyone with some info?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Super Rare Enicar Utrasonic Supertest EPSA compressor case watch. Anyone with some info?

Hi

So i have this Enicar Ultrasonic Supertest EPSA compressor case watch. It has the AR1120 movement, but this is a high grade version of the movement which i can't find any other place. Usually the info i find is regarding the automatic version of this movement, but nothing on this exact one. I have searched the world soon (feels so at least). Anyone got some input on this?

Enicar Ultrasonic Supertest
    From 1962 (i think)
    EPSA comressor case
    Gold plated 20mq
    25 jewels AR1120 high grade movement
    Complete with original crown, strap, buckle and box
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Super Rare Enicar Utrasonic Supertest EPSA compressor case watch. Anyone with some info?

You have probably seen this one already (not the 25 jewel version)

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Enicar 1120

23 jewels here (getting closer)

enicar calibers
    Last edited by Border-Reiver; August 10th, 2017 at 17:45.

Re: Super Rare Enicar Utrasonic Supertest EPSA compressor case watch. Anyone with some info?

Yes, that's the closest one i have found, but that is not the high grade version so the color of the movement is different and so on. The automatic has the closest similarity except being a automatic

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A friend of mine suggested that it is the Enicar AR 160 movement, which also had a 25 jewels version, but he also mentioned that they always came in a golden tone. I guess you really have something special there.

Here is a 160 with 25 jewels
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Border-Reiver; August 10th, 2017 at 20:02.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchPeet View Post
    Hi

So i have this Enicar Ultrasonic Supertest EPSA compressor case watch. It has the AR1120 movement, but this is a high grade version of the movement which i can't find any other place. Usually the info i find is regarding the automatic version of this movement, but nothing on this exact one. I have searched the world soon (feels so at least). Anyone got some input on this?

Enicar Ultrasonic Supertest
    From 1962 (i think)
    EPSA comressor case
    Gold plated 20mq
    25 jewels AR1120 high grade movement
    Complete with original crown, strap, buckle and box
    Nice watch... but please, get a better strap that fits it...
    I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends don't let friends buy G-Schlocks.

Don't be effing around... get the Patek and be done!!

You think I'm condescending...?? Do you even know what that means... ??

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹ I have learned that you have to put a smiley face or LOL behind anything just so people don't take you too seriously.

Boarder-Reiver:
    There are some similarities, but also it's a lot of differences. The supertest high grade movements are said to have "COSC" spec, but they where never testet (only internal testing and calibration)

I LIKE em BIG:
    The strap is the original Enicar strap ;)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchPeet View Post

I LIKE em BIG:
    The strap is the original Enicar strap ;)
    C'mon...!

Maybe an Enicar strap, but not to that watch (shrinkage?). At least I would hope not.
    I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends don't let friends buy G-Schlocks.

Don't be effing around... get the Patek and be done!!

You think I'm condescending...?? Do you even know what that means... ??

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹ I have learned that you have to put a smiley face or LOL behind anything just so people don't take you too seriously.

You do not mention that the case back has clearly marked seapearl and looks to me the same as the seapearl 600 ( including the divers helmet on the inside)which was highly regarded by the Navy and outperformed many others and used the same movement as yours. See here.
    Affordable Vintage: Enicar Seapearl 600 - worn&wound
    Looks to me yours is in rose gold and with extra jewels , perhaps for dresswatch retail competition. I notice that at that time they were even producing super test movements with 33 jewels in various colours.
    Where do they put 33 jewels?
    Your looks great.
    Last edited by Molliedooker; August 11th, 2017 at 11:04.

I forgot to put in Seapearl and i can't edit the post. I haven't seen any movements that looks exact alike, always some difference. It is in rose gold. The 33 jewels for that type of movement just seems they add on some just for the number xD

Quote Originally Posted by I Like em BIG ! ! View Post
    C'mon...!

Maybe an Enicar strap, but not to that watch (shrinkage?). At least I would hope not.
    Don't know if it's the original strap since it's smaller, but it is the way i found it and i don't want to change it out ;)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information