Tavannes Chronograph - Help Identify
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tavannes Chronograph - Help Identify

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tavannes Chronograph - Help Identify

So i recently become the owner of this Chronograph.
    It was a very nice deal but unfortunatelly it has some issues and a missing button. Its still works so i guess the mechnics are ok.

Can someone help me with this specific model and tell me when it was made?
    Any infromation is appreciated
    I know Tavannes are also known as Cyma but thas all i know...
    Name:  tavannes_001_small.jpg
Views: 1652
Size:  206.6 KB
    Name:  tavannes_002_small.jpg
Views: 1111
Size:  152.1 KB
    radger and ghwatch like this.

Re: Tavannes Chronograph - Help Identify

Hi. Removing the back cover and getting a picture of the movement and inside of the cover would help tremendously. The number on the outside back would be the serial number. Might be a model number inside.

I suspect there is a Landeron 48 movement inside, but need pics to be sure. The watch is more than likely from the mid 1940s.
    Dave
    Hi, my name is Dave, and I'm a Chronoholic. It's been almost a XXXX day since my last chrono buy. I'm still going through DTs, and I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out.

The watch on the pohotos looks rather small.It could be Tavannes chrono,ref.400L,14'''.
    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.portalsatova.com/forum/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for your answers!

The watch on the photos is 36mm in diameter(with the case) and 30mm(only the dial).
    Unfortunately i can not open the watch myself and take photos of the movement. It appears that the only way to do that
    is to unscrew the back but then once again i don't have access to the movement and i have to somehow loose free the main button
    which i can't and wont do as i am not even an amateur considering watch repairing.

The bad news is that so far nobody in Bulgaria is willing to even try to repair this beauty because they all say the movement is too complex.....

You can remove the four little screws to hopen the caseback. The movement is probably a Venus 165.

This is mine from the early 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by emnick View Post
    The bad news is that so far nobody in Bulgaria is willing to even try to repair this beauty because they all say the movement is too complex.....
    Establishing a good and long term relationship with a competent watchmaker is one of the most difficult parts of being a serious collector. I am sure Bulgaria has some -- the secret is to find them!
    emnick likes this.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Quote Originally Posted by bubba48 View Post
    You can remove the four little screws to hopen the caseback. The movement is probably a Venus 165.

This is mine from the early 40s.

Nice one!

Unfortunately in my case removing the four little screws does NOT solve the problem - it only removes the Upper case with the glass but
    the movement is still hidden and not to be removed due to the main button. Sorry guys i am really not a profesional and not even familiar with the terms used .. just liked the watch pretty much.
    Will take additional shots with the screws removed a bit later.

Emnick pm me with your city in BG let me see what I can recommend, Varna or Sofia is easy, even Veliko Tarnovo could be OK

Very nice chronograph. I suspect it is more likely from the 1950s. I tend to associate rectangular chrono buttons with the 1940s (and earlier) and the round buttons with the 1950s (and later). This of course is not a "rule" just a usually - based on my own observations. Good luck with finding a good watchmaker.

Name:  Tavannes_Chronograph_001.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  359.7 KB

Hello everyone - after a long time i am here again with a picture of the movement.
    Cna someone help me identify this chronograph movement!? Is it Landeron 48 or something else!?
    Thank you in advance for your answers and suggestions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information