WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Tavannes watch co/CYMA

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  HOROLOGIST007 
#1 ·
Hello and thank you for letting me join. I have been looking to id a pocket watch for ages now with little luck, some very similar but none the same. I'm really after a year but any information would be helpful, I couldn't get a good picture of the back of the case but the information on it is as follows: ATO, 9 in a rounded square, a capital P in a circle, the leopards head in a circle, .375 in a rounded rectangle, and a number 2301 at the bottom. thank you in advance.
Watch Pocket watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Metal

Watch Number Fashion accessory Clock Pocket watch

See less See more
#4 ·
thank you for coming back so quickly. Enrico, the ref you give does look very similar but not quite the same. Please excuse my lack of terminology but the large wheel on the top right is in a different position would this make a difference in identification?
abslomrob, the P i can't find under gold hallmarks anywhere, there is a P that is similar but the shape is completely round on this, is it just the letter match i'm looking for or both?

#8 ·
thanks very much for your help guys, really helpful, think that maybe 1950 as you say, thats fine tbh just was struggling. Well thats one down several to go. Have found a box of my husbands grand father's stuff, and there are a few pocket watches in there. think he must have collected them. I'll have to take some pics to show you and perhaps you could help id them too, want to make sure they are covered by the insurance you see.

#9 · (Edited)
without a picture of the Assay mark we must go on the style and movements

To me late 30 or 40s - no shock protection that was in place by 50s
And that metal dial style of hands - more like 40s

A

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.