Tegrov Yachting Chronograph

Thread: Tegrov Yachting Chronograph

Tegrov Yachting Chronograph

Hi Vintage Watchuseekers,
    I would like to share my Tegrov chrono. I recently took a liking to chronos with EB movements. I know they're of lesser value but their designs are pretty catchy. My watchmaker made the chrono pusher at 4 o'clock since I got the watch without it. It took a almost a year scrounging for pushers that fit this bulky piece of metal. In the end, my watchmaker took a similar pusher from our watch graveyard and sanded its stem so it can fit. It starts and stops the chrono pretty well. What I like about this is the blue bezel. It's not worn out like vintage Seikos and Citizens I also collect. The 10 o'clock crown rotates the inner bezel with red, orange and white markings signifying three 5 minutes. I don't really know what this yachting function tell, but it makes the piece nice. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Tegrov Yachting Chronograph

great looking piece, thats what it all about not just whats inside. could do with some better pics :) proberly not doing it any justice

Nice looking watch!

Reminds me of a Tegrov I once owned... they seemed to throw every feature they could at the watch....

It was one of the biggest watches I have owned.... Yours seems to be a slightly 'higher' and newer version of mine. I would be interested to see the movement... most of the tegrov's I have owned have had basic BFG movements...
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looks a nice, colourfull funky 70's watch

Try using the macro setting on your camera, plus maybe a mini tripod and you'll get clearer pics

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

The yachting function is for timing in regattas (races). Ten minutes before the start, there is a cannon shot to act as a warning and five minutes beforehand, another one. You have to make sure you are as close as possible to the starting line at the official start (another cannon) without going over it. If you go over, you have to return behind the line. Since manoevring a yacht arund the water is not the easiest of things to do (yes, I've tried!), it is therefore of great worth to know how close it is to the official start!! Hence the existence of yachting chronographs.

Hartmut Richter

Looks giant for a vintage piece. But I guess everything was around in the '70s.

Thanks guys. I'm not used to this digicam yet. Very interesting info too Harmut about that 15-minute rotating bezel. Very hard to position that boat afloat. This chrono though does not have any waterproofing or water-resist gaskets or rubber O-rings inside. If it took a splash or if the guy wearing it fell into the water then it would have rusted inside. Plus that blue bezel would have been erased now. I'm glad this is still in pretty good shape.

Thread Information