Tevo Chrono / Moonphase Info

Thread: Tevo Chrono / Moonphase Info

Tevo Chrono / Moonphase Info

Greetings, I am relatively new to the world of watches but I have been enjoying beginning to learn some of the history, complexities and perspectives surrounding it. This forum comes up quite a bit in my various google searches, and there are often some great answers related to anything from recommendations on watch straps to identifying unique / similar watch styles to good products to safely clean the crystal. This has been very helpful.

Hopefully this is not a silly question, but so far I cannot find a lot of background / history on the TEVO brand (at least based on my google searches). I have been very much enjoying the look and feel of this TEVO watch (which has a Landeron 186 movement and the number 8056 on the back of the case), and would really like to learn more about the history of the brand at the time and also how it was formed along with some background on the style of watch (if anybody knows more / if that information is even available somewhere).

There seems to be some good information about the movement online, but so far, all I could find is that Tevo was a brand of Joseph Tschuy-Vogt SA in Grenchen (hence the name: "Te" from the German pronunciation of T as a letter which is shorter than the English "Tee" and "Vo" from Vogt). Thank you in advance. Any extra information would be appreciated though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	12791005

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Tevo Chrono / Moonphase Info

Post moved to the more suitable forum.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Tevo Chrono / Moonphase Info

Welcome to Watchuseek! I think that you have answered most of your questions yourself to the maximum possible extent! As for Tevo or Tschuy-Vogt, the brand was registered in 1926 in Grenchen. They were probably just another of the large numbers of assemblers that ordered parts from generic sources, partly to their own specifications (dial, hands, crown) and put the lot together to make decent but generic watches. Most companies in the Swiss watch industry did operate like that - and a lot still do.

Hartmut Richter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As I was also looking into Tevo brand here some additional informations.

https://70swatchesgallery.wordpress....omatic-teviot/

English translation underneath the Spanish text. With quite a lot pictures of different models.

Thread Information