Thinking about buying a vintage sandoz from india. What have your experiences been- if any?

Thread: Thinking about buying a vintage sandoz from india. What have your experiences been- if any?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thinking about buying a vintage sandoz from india. What have your experiences been- if any?

As stated above, Im thinking about buying a watch from India. The dial is supposed to be original, altho its one color fading into another. Its a Sandoz, which are decent watches. They show the movement. Its discolored in one or two places, but on the surface at least, its not a wreck. Anybody buy from Limrus Studios in India. I have read about the possible pitfalls. But Id love to hear good and bad experiences from one and all. Thanks in advance. P&P

Re: Thinking about buying a vintage sandoz from india. What have your experiences been- if any?

I think I have said before, there are a lot of Sandoz watches coming out of India... Like Favre Leuba watches.. All with similar looking cases/dials in differing colours.

Seems dodge to me!

Dont know the seller and dont have any plans to do!

If you do decide to buy, I would be interested to hear what happens!
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Re: Thinking about buying a vintage sandoz from india. What have your experiences been- if any?

I cannot recommend you do it. Search around on WUS, the stories are endless.

I can't imagine its hard to get a good Sandoz at a reasonable price from the UK.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Got a Favre Leuba Twin Power on a whim. Bad redial, a couple of missing teeth in the movement, rust inside one of the barrels. On the other hand, the price was right. Had fun taking it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by LouS View Post
    Got a Favre Leuba Twin Power on a whim. Bad redial, a couple of missing teeth in the movement, rust inside one of the barrels. On the other hand, the price was right. Had fun taking it apart.
    That's what I would expect at best... If you go into it knowing that... Fine! But if you are hoping your buy will be the 'good one' in original condition... I would not take the risk, as I guess 99% of the time you would be disappointed!
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I also got a Favre Leuba several years back, before I 'knew' and on a whim, and while it was cheap, it was also a piece of junk!!

The Missus took a fancy to it, but accidently dropped it, and half of it fell apart, plus half of the 'new' paint on the dial came off. The mov't wasn't bad to be fair, but the inside of the case around the back was looking a bit manky.

I got it back together again, but it hasn't been worn, and I'm not sure there's anyone I know that I dislike enough to give it to them, lol

This was one of my early 'learning' purchases, which luckily, was very cheap!!

So.....my advice, AVOID........you can do a lot better!!

I'm sure there are good sellers in India of these watches, but more trash than treasure on Ebay.
    Research feedback carefully and post the item here for opinions. We all learn from experience.
    "My grail showed up today"

310316650826 is the Ebay # for the watch ( despite Marricks steering me in the right direction to move images, Im such a Luddite cant figure it out). It looks good! at the moment with free shipping it less than 2 dollars with 4 days to go. I mean they cant all sell junk, can they? All Ukranians are not frankenizers. I dont want to paint a culture and its merchants with such a broad brush. but of course, when it falls apart if I buy it, Ill join in the fray. It depends if it stays cheap enough to be a folly then Ill probably buy for the heck of it. Tell me what you think with the new info provided, please. Thanks in advance, P&P

Personally.. would not touch!

The seller has a bunch of watches... Favre, Seiko, Sandoz etc for sale.... Not the best Feedback!

The actual watch... the movement has 'wear' marks on the screws, different colour/type of screws, the outer ring is broken and rusty (and does not match the wear on the rest on the movement).... its a total mishmash in my opinion!

Waste of time and money!

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Thumbs Down Re: Thinking about buying a vintage sandoz from india. What have your experiences been- if any?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparcster View Post
    Personally.. would not touch!

The seller has a bunch of watches... Favre, Seiko, Sandoz etc for sale.... Not the best Feedback!

The actual watch... the movement has 'wear' marks on the screws, different color/type of screws, the outer ring is broken and rusty (and does not match the wear on the rest on the movement).... its a total mishmash in my opinion!

Waste of time and money!

Forarmed is forwarned or.... !!!! Okay okay! I get the picture - seems a shame that so many of these particular watches come out of India. Rather, bad watches. But I can certainly wait or go in another direction. such as a China Seagull with an almost identical dial. I know their movements are work horses, and well made. Thanks much for input.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information