Third attempt for any info about Western Watch Case Mfg.

Thread: Third attempt for any info about Western Watch Case Mfg.

Third attempt for any info about Western Watch Case Mfg.

Since last post have seen a couple cases. One has 1919 movement and marked W.W.Case mfg.Co. not wwcco. that was also used briefly by Wadsworth. So existed to 1920 from 1892 making more than 200,000 cases. 1895 mark and 1919 shown here.
    Listed address was State St., Chicago. A 48 page catalog with 60 case samples exist from 1900+. Any info or images seem very scarce. Notice 1919 case marks are for 19&1/2 Karat. Any info or images would be much appreciated.Name:  IMG_9569ax.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  66.7 KBName:  wwcc4ax.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  30.4 KB
    Last edited by artb; March 27th, 2012 at 23:42.

Re: Third attempt for any info about Western Watch Case Mfg.

Re: Third attempt for any info about Western Watch Case Mfg.

Very much appreciate the interesting references. Seems to me wwcco is fairly well known to watch collectors except to me. i have become more interested in p.w. cases after accumulating a good variety of movements. There is a greater variety and much to appreciate in the art and workmanship in cases; that use a great variety of materials and decorative designs not just gold and platinum. Although I consider gold ones good investment value even at present scrap values and believe my daughter will do well in future by me spending her inheritance on gold cases. I believe there will be a greater future appreciation for fine cases by watch and other kinds of collectors.

Thread Information