Tickdong, has anyone dealt with him before?

Thread: Tickdong, has anyone dealt with him before?

Tickdong, has anyone dealt with him before?

Hi all. Has anyone here bought a watch from Tickdong before? I think he is in Turkey. I found one thread where he was mentioned but nothing else. The website is here: Tickdong Vintage Watches Thinking about buying a watch from him but haven't found any references.

Thanks

Re: Tickdong, has anyone dealt with him before?

I have not, but his storefront seems more polished than most. My biggest worry is that they do not show movement photos. I would highly steer clear of somebody that is not willing to show you the engine.

~D
    Pink Floyd. Dark side of the moon. Side one, track four.
    Gallet Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalletChronographs/

Quote Originally Posted by DragonDan View Post
    I have not, but his storefront seems more polished than most. My biggest worry is that they do not show movement photos. I would highly steer clear of somebody that is not willing to show you the engine.

~D
    Some listings do appear to have movement shots. When I check out a particular seller, I always look at the amount of research done on all things researchable - Omega listings are usually a good probe. Here, it's a fail - no research done, rubbish descriptions, no case back pics, at least one fairly obvious frankenwatch listed (a Geneve "delta lugs" case with a De Ville dial...), movements in poor condition (in the listings with movement pics; some looked like they were cobbled from a few different movements!).

That said, I'd recommend staying away from this one.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm keen to get a Cortebert Turkish Railway watch and I'm emailing with him about buying this watch. Maybe I should stay away but what do you think?:
    Name:  DSC_0301.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  201.0 KB
    Name:  DSC_0303.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  139.5 KB
    Name:  DSC_0305.JPG
Views: 112
Size:  167.3 KB
    Name:  DSC_0306.JPG
Views: 104
Size:  223.8 KB

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

I know nothing about this watch specifically but the dial looks a little fancy for a railroad watch. As if the inscription below "Cortebert" had been added later (and the case back swapped from a genuine railroad watch). But I could easily be wrong - someone with detailed knowledge may chime in here. The movement is not by Cortebert anyway, it is by Unitas:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Unitas 6310N

...but in view of the fact that two Cortebert movements in Ranfft's database with calibre designations in the 700s are actually from external sources, this is plausible.

Hartmut Richter

I have been looking at these Cortebert Turkish Railway watchers for a little while and the dials and writing are typical of the watches they produced. Thanks for the tip on the movement, I had been looking at movements with "724" on them and hadn't found anything close. I am not sure if the hands are correct, I have seen a few different hand types on the watches I have found pictures of.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can say if it is all legit but I was inclined to think that is was all original.

hi
    how can help you ?
    Sincelery

Thread Information