Tiffany watches by Concord
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dan S

Thread: Tiffany watches by Concord

Tiffany watches by Concord

I've been looking for some information about the collaboration that Tiffany and Concord had together. I've seen a few watches that were marked Tiffany on the dial, but the movement was made by Concord. I've even seen a few with both company's names on the dial. However, I've come up with very little about how long the two companies had a partnership and how much was done by Concord in terms of supplying a finished watch.

Does anyone know anything about this partnership? Was Concord just one of many suppliers used by Tiffany? Was the agreement for only certain types of watches e.g. time only or triple calendars? I imagine I'm not the only person who's looked for answers.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Re: Tiffany watches by Concord

Posts like yours are difficult, because I don't know whether you are asking about a watch you are selling, buying, or inheriting, so it's hard for people responding to the thread to understand the context of the question. So if this is your dear departed grandfather's watch, please forgive me for being blunt. In general, we much prefer specific questions, with lots of photos.

Like Turler, Gubelin, and others, Tiffany co-branded and sold many watches manufactured by other companies. Most of the makers were higher end, so Concord might have made some of the pieces that were entry-level by Tiffany standards. In general, you need to be very careful about Tiffany co-branding, since the name is often added after the fact in an attempt to deceive. With respect to Rolex in particular, this fakery has become so common, that people disbelieve it by default, unless there is supporting documentation.

If you have a particular watch in mind, I suggest you post photos of it. In general, there's no reason to get incredibly excited about a Concord watch, Tiffany co-branded or not. They can be perfectly fine watches, but the Concord name doesn't add any particular value beyond that of any obscure brand.
    SunnyOrange likes this.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Thanks badbackdan. I guess I'm really just looking for info on what's correct or considered acceptable when finding these watches, or at least a range of years they co-branded with Concord. I have been collecting watches for years and this is an area I don't know much about.

As an example, here is the most recent watch that brought up these questions for me. I don't own it, but it is available. You can see that it has a Tiffany signed dial but Concord movement. Its not something I see everyday and makes me wonder if everything is as it appears. Name:  66657211_3_x.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  108.3 KBName:  66657211_1_x.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  78.8 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The more specific context is very helpful, and now hopefully you'll get answers that are more useful than mine. The chronograph looks nice and the movement appears to be a Valjoux 23 at first glance (but you probably know that already).
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Thread Information