Timex 400 West Germany.... Date? Thrift find. - Page 2
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Timex 400 West Germany.... Date? Thrift find.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Timex 400 West Germany.... Date? Thrift find.

Very nice find. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Seiko movement was found in early Seiko Lord Marvel watches before they made the Lord Marvel a higher up watch with a hi beat movement. It is also the ancestor of the Seiko 66/66B and 6602 manual wind movements that Seiko used in numerous watches in the 1960's(such as the Seiko Sportsman)

A lot of folks knock Timex but they made a lot of wonderful watches. I have my grand father's early 1960's Timex Electric. It was used by him and my father up until the end of the 1990's. So that was 30 years or so on just battery replacements. It still works even today.

Imagine if Hamilton had used a Timex electric mechanism instead of that crazy 500. THat would have been a nice combo.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well Hamilton did redeem themselves with later Hamilton Electric and Electronic watches. Here is my 1973-1977 Hamilton Electronic. I got it with a dead Mercury battery in it and when I put a new silver oxide battery in the watch it started right up and has been keeping great time. Sure it is ugly as ...... but it is a cool ugly
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Giotime View Post
    Imagine if Hamilton had used a Timex electric mechanism instead of that crazy 500. THat would have been a nice combo.
    They really aren't any different (functionally) than the early Timex electrics, just more delicate. Maybe if Hamilton listened to their engineers who had reservations about releasing the 500, and instead waited until the much more reliable 505. But then again, they were scared that Elgin was going to beat them to the punch.

Quote Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post
    Well Hamilton did redeem themselves with later Hamilton Electric and Electronic watches. Here is my 1973-1977 Hamilton Electronic. I got it with a dead Mercury battery in it and when I put a new silver oxide battery in the watch it started right up and has been keeping great time. Sure it is ugly as ...... but it is a cool ugly
    That's an ESA 9158 "Dynotron". I have one in a Caravelle. Pretty sturdy movement.
    Contact Info:
    Telegram: MoT
    Text: 6124245149
    WhatsApp: +16124245149
    'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
    'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
    I love deals on watches!

I have a very nice 14k Hamilton Electronic myself. Working great and I quite like it. Strangely these electronics don't seem to carry much collector weight, while the mostly Non working Hamilton electrics do. At least that is how it seems to me. I do think many of the electrics have nicer more artistic cases. Maybe that's it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information