Timex Electric - Page 3
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Timex Electric

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Loose rotors

Quote Originally Posted by parrotandpitbull View Post
    Just curious, is my Dynabeat in any way different from the regular Electrics? Just a model name or actually different. This is an interesting thread. And by the by, RonD, I think that watch designed by Arbib is great. The blue Marbled dial is nice too.
    As I understand it they are much the same (on some it says both Electric and Dynabeat) but they have a faster hart beat, 28,800bph instead of the old 18,000bph and I guess this makes them a littel more accurate.

Name:  P6293550.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  215.3 KB
    My M67 has a good crystal but there are a lot of dirt on the dial so it needs to get a face lift. ;)
    Last edited by Shum; June 29th, 2013 at 15:31.
    OCDood and JP71624 like this.

Re: Loose rotors

Hi Ron,

Quote Originally Posted by RonD. View Post
    ... I am not 100% sure of the designer.
    At least the designer hat a sound pair of eyes, and noticed the main design challenge: How does the straight end of the strap fit a round case? Most designers simply ignore it, and leave the gap open. Others pop montrous lugs to the case to make the gap less eye-catching, and the functional nonsense of curved strap ends is hard do exceed. But only few bothered their brain for an decent solution.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

Re: Timex Electric

Quote Originally Posted by Shum View Post
    I have two Timex automatics that work perfect but they both sound like the rotors are loose inside and have not dared look inside yet. :)
    I just bought my first Timex, the first one I've owned in 40 years anyway. It should be here next week sometime.

It's a self-wind, with a plain white dial, silver numbers and hands, with Timex on the dial and U.S.Time Corporation signed case back. It has the Made in U.S.A. stamp at the bottom of the dial instead of the numerical ID and I'm guessing it's from the 50's.

Maybe a little out of place with the others in my collection, but I've been expanding it to include other vintage watches and thought the U.S.Time Corporation logo might make it worth having. It's a decent looking watch, and I got it at a good price, so I'm sure I'll like it if for nothing more than the nostalgic value of it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by OCDood View Post
    I just bought my first Timex, the first one I've owned in 40 years anyway. It should be here next week sometime.

It's a self-wind, with a plain white dial, silver numbers and hands, with Timex on the dial and U.S.Time Corporation signed case back. It has the Made in U.S.A. stamp at the bottom of the dial instead of the numerical ID and I'm guessing it's from the 50's.

Maybe a little out of place with the others in my collection, but I've been expanding it to include other vintage watches and thought the U.S.Time Corporation logo might make it worth having. It's a decent looking watch, and I got it at a good price, so I'm sure I'll like it if for nothing more than the nostalgic value of it.
    I believe that is the good stuff that was just as good quality as the better Swiss made ones and before they went all bargain bin on us all. Will be nice to hear (does it sound like a loose stone inside) what you think about it when you get it home. :)
    Last edited by Shum; June 30th, 2013 at 02:03.
    OCDood likes this.

OCDood, you'll have to post up a picture of that.
    I'll post my 3 50s Timex watches when they get back from the guy servicing them.
    I think two will wind up with different NOS dials but oh well.
    OCDood likes this.
    "Time flies when you're throwing watches."
    What has a man profited, if he gains the whole world yet forfeits his soul? Mt16:26
    IG: @BuyingOnTime

I'll be sure to post pictures when it arrives, probably a week from Monday.

I would have passed on it if not for the U.S.Time Corporation logo on the back, but it's supposed to be running and looked to be in pretty good shape, and I got it for $29.99, so I figured all things considered I really couldn't get hurt on the deal.
    JP71624 likes this.

Nice work on your Timex, she is a beauty.
    I have two that I wear all the time. LOVE THEM!!

Love these old Electrics!
    Shum, OCDood and JP71624 like this.

The one on your arm is just gorgeous with it's old style criss cross dial but at the same time sharp and looking to the future. I can't decide if Timex watches look like a million dollars or makes you feel like million dollare when you wear them.

Everyone should try out a vintage Timex Electric for it's something special and every time I go to strap it on I wonder if it still working and everytime I find it is I just feel happy.

I got several hundred watches but only use my old Timex. It could be that I'm just a $5 guy or that it makes me feel conectets with the past somehow.
    Last edited by Shum; July 1st, 2013 at 21:32.
    JP71624, OCDood and howards4th like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shum View Post
    I got several hundred watches but only use my old Timex. It could be that I'm just a $5 guy or that it makes me feel conectets with the past somehow.
    I've got 35 watches and only one of them cost more than $100, and most of them went for under $50.

I have a Vostok Amphibia I paid $20.50 for that I wear more than any of them, much more than my Seiko Orange Monster, which is the most expensive watch I own.

Quote Originally Posted by OCDood View Post
    I've got 35 watches and only one of them cost more than $100, and most of them went for under $50.

I have a Vostok Amphibia I paid $20.50 for that I wear more than any of them, much more than my Seiko Orange Monster, which is the most expensive watch I own.
    I guess that's what it's all about. You wear what suits you and damn the value.

Who knows, one day maybe I could afford a Rolex and I'll fall in love with it (i'd better). ;)
    OCDood likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information