Timex Marlin 1975 - Authenticity & good buy?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thoth

Thread: Timex Marlin 1975 - Authenticity & good buy?

Timex Marlin 1975 - Authenticity & good buy?

Hi guys, just came across this Marlin but i'm struggling to confirm its authenticity and if would be a good buy for around 60€... the photos are not helping that much either. From the numbers on the dial (26060 02475) i figure it has a M24 movement and it is from 1975.

Can anyone help? Would really appreciate.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Timex Marlin 1975 - Authenticity & good buy?

I am not a Timex collector, but 60 euro seems like an awful lot to pay for a watch like that. These are cheap fun watches, but you should not pay too much. See if you can get it for 20 euro or less.

I can't imagine that you need to worry about authenticity. Do you think that people are selling fake vintage Timexes? That would be an interesting development.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Some folks tell me that they are looking for a watch that is from the year they were born, so they want to make sure it's all authentic and not a frankenwatch. That being said, I see some vintage Timex bringing in very high prices these days.. I know I have been doing pretty good with them. But I like to service the watch, and put a new crystal and band on them. So, like all watches you may have interest in, ask the seller a few questions if it doesn't say in the auction... when was it last serviced, does it keep time, etc... and look for things like pitting on the case, scratches on the crystal or worn bands that may need to be replaced when you get the watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just a personal observation here. Timex prices seem to be rather volatile these days. Watches that use to trend got $10 fetch $30 to $100. It is like there is insanity creeping into the market or vintage Timex have been under valued for a long time.

I have seen a 1964 Marlin sell for $60 and one in just a bit better condition go for $285.

With the market being the way it is right now....60 is not too bad. But honestly if you just want a vintage Timex in good condition, I have been watching some mint NOS day date 1976 ones for $15. Again...I saw one like them sell for over $200. Lol

Buy what you like and what makes you happy.

On the subject of low price Timex when it should be higher...new movements. Cost me a whole $5 for the lot.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
    tinknocker likes this.
    https://www.ThePassthrough.com

It looks to be in average to above average shape (distinct lack of pitting on the back is a big plus to me).

Vintage Timex are currently going through a period of very large price inflation, due in part to the whole vintage watch craze, and partly because of Timex reissuing the '65 Marlin. Is that example, which seems to be in very good condition worth the asking price? That's for you to decide. Do a search on eBay and other sites and see what similar examples have sold for.
    Contact Info:
    Telegram: MoT
    Text: 6124245149
    WhatsApp: +16124245149
    'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
    'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
    I love deals on watches!

Thread Information