Timex - with Ticka Ticka

Thread: Timex - with Ticka Ticka

Timex - with Ticka Ticka

Another Timex, this time a 1975 Timex 100. A chrome version with a white face is featured in Christoph's excellent Metatechinical Cabinet site, whereas this is the gold plated version. It runs a 17 jewel AS/ST 1941, which was known by Timex as a Module 181.

It seems that there was an earlier 100 range which was produced between 1959 and 1960 but they weren't Swiss made and ran Timex Module 22 movements apparently.

It makes an interesting contrast to my other Timex from the mid 1970's, and was obviously intended for a more "conservative" market.

I'd love to be able to find out what the original bracelet was, but, as it seems that the watches themselves are not that easy to find, finding an origial bracelet might prove difficult.
    Last edited by john87300; September 10th, 2012 at 15:47. Reason: my inability to spell!
    John
    Watch Website: www.chambresdebelair.com/watches.html last update 07/11/2012

Re: Timex - with Ticka Ticka

That's in nice condition John. That's quite an interesting little Timex collection you've started to build up there.

BTW, I never got the Altitude - I've just had my Paypal refund after raising a dispute.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrick View Post
    That's in nice condition John. That's quite an interesting little Timex collection you've started to build up there.

BTW, I never got the Altitude - I've just had my Paypal refund after raising a dispute.
    That's rather disappointing regarding the Altitude, what was the problem in the end? There was one on French fleabay last week, but the photo and description were vaque in the extreme and my request for more info/photos was ignored, so, as I had no idea whether it was the French Altitude or not, I passed on it.

The Jaz mechanical from the UK was a major disappointment as it was losing 20 minutes every 60! Ho hum, win some, lose some
    John

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by john87300 View Post
    That's rather disappointing regarding the Altitude, what was the problem in the end? There was one on French fleabay last week, but the photo and description were vaque in the extreme and my request for more info/photos was ignored, so, as I had no idea whether it was the French Altitude or not, I passed on it.

The Jaz mechanical from the UK was a major disappointment as it was losing 20 minutes every 60! Ho hum, win some, lose some
    Ebay at its most annoying. And sorry to hear about the Jaz.

With mine, he (or she) just never sent it and never replied to my messages - or ebay's when they got involved. Heavens knows why they bother.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

This is the first example I know of where Timex used a movement they did not make. Are there others?
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    This is the first example I know of where Timex used a movement they did not make. Are there others?
    I've heard rumours that the movements in the Timex 400 range were likely to have been sourced (cheaply) from Seiko, but I've not seen hard evidence as yet.

Also the early Timex 67 series electrics used Laco movements and in the first production runs the movements were still signed Laco 861 and were branded Laco!
    Last edited by john87300; September 10th, 2012 at 22:59.
    John

Thread Information