Tissot Seastar
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By watchersam
  • 3 Post By Border-Reiver
  • 2 Post By watchersam
  • 2 Post By Shum

Thread: Tissot Seastar

Tissot Seastar

I just purchased this Tissot online. It was a spur of the moment buy, as it was a new listing and seemed like a good price, also I have been looking for a vintage watch of a decent size with a black or blue dial, that I could wear as a daily without worrying about damaging something expensive.

The seller was not a watch guy, and had no movement photos (I know, but I like to gamble)
    Also the crown stem has come away, seller says he didn't want to force it so left it out and priced as "for repair" although the watch sets and runs well.

I don't know much about Tissot watches in general, so I'd be interested in opinions and any info. I'm guessing it's mid to late 70's?

Name:  s-l1600 (3).png
Views: 59
Size:  434.4 KB

Thanks
    Shum and joeuk like this.

Re: Tissot Seastar

Just to give an answer on the stem issue: That can be an easy one to fix, or it has to go to a watchmaker. The stem is held in place or loosened to take it out when you want to take the movement out by a little screw attached to a lever (angle lever) on the other side. So you might just have to put the stem in (loosening the screw a little more) and tighten it again, for which you have to open the back of course. Be careful with these tiny screws and always use the right (watchmaker-) tool. If you turn the screw too much, the lever on the other side comes off and disappears between movement and dial. That will be a job for a watchmaker then. It can also be due to damage of the stem or lever or whatever, that has to be seen.

Tissot is a good brand with good products but not one of the luxury sector.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tissot
    watchersam, Shum and busmatt like this.

Thanks B-R.
    I am lucky as I have a good relationship with my local watchmaker and he usually sorts out any minor issues I have on the spot.

This "Tissot is a good brand with good products but not one of the luxury sector" is exactly what I was after. I don't wear my better vintage watches very much as I'm clumsy and am afraid of doing damage.

Thanks for your reply.
    busmatt and Border-Reiver like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Tissot used a pushbutton on all their movements since the late 50's for the stem release so it's easy to get it back in unless the setting mechanism is worn. If it is worn you have to take off the dial and hands then the date and day disks must come off and boy is that hard work if you don't know the movement.

Name:  0020.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  298.2 KB
    My day date GL says hello. This was a wonderful job working on this guy and it behaved splendidly from start to finish.

Circa. 1972-75 I expect, the movement serial number will tell you, I think that model has the 2471 movement in it.

Thread Information