Tissot Seastar - dial cleaning

Thread: Tissot Seastar - dial cleaning

Tissot Seastar - dial cleaning

Got it this morning. A Tissot Seastar from 1972 cal 794. Purchased for resonable price as working but in need of service.Crystal quite blurry with a lot of scratches. Dirty case and scratched. Unfortunately not original crown. Dial quite dirty and start exfoliating on the edges. Luckly no rust. the other issue is the day change. it appears that is changing every time the hour hand goes over 12: set to thu/24.. hits 12..fri/24..hits 12 again..fri/25.. I have never experienced this before.
    Movement works fine for now but will need a service.
    I have tried to clean the dial with rodico but there are some grey spots left . Would you attept a cleaning or should I leave it as it is? Could a drop of polilywatch and a gentle wipe clean it? Or other suggestion? I don't like redials as I think a vintage watch should be preserved in his original condition.

Dial before cleaning. However those tiny spots on the right of logo still remained. Also between "5" and "Seastar" is a grey shadow that it doesn't show in the picture.

This is after some intensive polish. The case is now clean and shiny.the crystal is now almost finished. It needed one more polish to remove any track of those deep scratches but I lost my patience. next time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LoveSexAndDrugs; July 24th, 2014 at 18:35.

Thread Information