TISSOT Switched movement Saga continues....
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By parrotandpitbull

Thread: TISSOT Switched movement Saga continues....

TISSOT Switched movement Saga continues....

Hello, and thanks again for your moral support on the "Tale of the missing movement" The last post I made on the original thread was that I had contacted the Better Business Bureau and filed a report. It seems you have to ask for something concrete or they wont take the report. So I asked for the original Tissot t2571 movement back and an apology. And or 300 dollars, in lieu of the movement. I was still very unhappy about the whole thing. BBB included. My nature is such, that I wont sue someone, even if I have an ironclad case. Well, the inevitable happened and I saw the watchmaker Michael on the street. I am often near his place of business and knew this was going to happen. He approached me, and basically begged me not to do this thing. He said it was impossible for him to do such a thing. That he still wanted to be friends and so on. The terrible truth is that he was continuing to lie. I told him that I had the original eflat listing advertising the rare t2571 movement. Pictures of said movement and pictures of his replacement the Tissot t2591. ( according to Roland Ranfft who kindly answered my question about the replacement movement: t2591. It is virtually the same movement, except ( because it was made for export to the U.S., it has 6 less jewels, to avoid export duties..end of R.R.s comments ) that it has none of the incredible cache' that comes with the t2571 because of its rarity. As well as causing the value of #7 to be 3 times or 4 times more than its lesser jeweled counterpart. So there we were. Russian emotional bs flying around. ( I am 1/2 Russian ) Basically he want me to come in and settle this with him on a personal level. And to drop the BBB complaint. Of course he does. In the course of all this talk, he flubbed it and said "even if I still had the original movement" ...."which I dont because I never had the the movement you claim was there" I almost called him on it, but just let him go on. I will go in to talk to him. I will give him the watch, which I never want to see again and accept 350 dollars. If not. No deal. I am how ever actually a little worried that he could cause me bodily harm. Im sure he has a gun under his counter. Even my peace loving, antique jewelry dealing cousin, carries a gun when walking the streets of the jewelry district of NYC, with a valise full of jewelry. My watchmaker could shoot me dead while I was " trying to rob him". Or so my fantasies and fears run. If he was petty enough to steal a 300 dollar movement, who knows what he is capable of? Well, Im curious to hear anything back from you folks. On my plan and my fears. Thanks much. P&P

Re: TISSOT Switched movement Saga continues....

Hi there,

Quote Originally Posted by parrotandpitbull View Post
    If he was petty enough to steal a 300 dollar movement...
    You'll actually have a hard time o find a Tissot 2571 in the U.S.A., but in the rest of the world it is opposite: No 2591 in sight, but I had no trouble to buy and resell this watch for few bucks, just to get its 2571 into my archive:
    bidfun-db Archive: Wrist Watches: 806: Gents Tissot Automatic PR 516 GL,1972
    And keep in mind that my site is regarded as expensive.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

Take someone with you as witness if nothing else :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hello all. This is specifically directed to Roland Ranftt, ( and everybody else) or anyone with knowledge of the differences between the two Tissot movements mentioned above And to make it easy on my fingers referred to from now on as t7 and t9 . Its all about hype with the t7 on eflay. It is a distinct selling point. Watches with that movement: (t2571) sell in a 350 to 550 dollar range. Or more. There is never a mention of a type t9 in any Tissot listing on eflay. In the concrete world, there is the difference of the jewel count. Thats all I know.
    But this post isnt about the differences. Its about the switch. And all its fall out. As Ive said before, I just want to get rid of the bad juju watch. I didnt know what to ask for when I filed my complaint at the Better Business Bureau. At this point Im just sick and tired of the whole thing. And you all are probably sick and tired of hearing about it. I just want a fair resolution made inside the parameters of the BBB or out. And I dont know what that is anymore. Any one want a deal on a newly cleaned and timed Tissot from the 70s for a reasonable 150 dollars.....Just kidding Moderators. I dread it, but Im going to the Watchmakers shop today, alone, to try and work it out. Please... Wish me luck. P&P
    Malakim likes this.

THE END: I took the watch to Michael the watchmakers shop with some trepidation. He greeted me warmly. Eventually I said, I know what I know, you know what you know? Lets settle this outside of the Better Business Bureau, as you wanted to do. I had 80 some bucks in the watch including his repairs ( I have to say, he charges me prices that are fantastic, even if he steals from me as well) I asked him for 250 bucks. He could have the watch." I never wanted to see it again" I would call the BBB tomorrow and call off the hounds. And it was a done deal. I left the shop saying that I would be back, with any problem watch. The weird thing is, I probably will go back. He does great work, what can I say. And he charges me a 1/4 of what he charges other customers. Why do that, and steal or switch movements? Im beginning to believe that he could not fix the original movement and switched out to fix, not steal. Not realizing the hyped up value of the original movement despite what I had told him. None of it makes any sense. But the 170 dollar profit was fine with me. Made my girl friend happy too. And my new Luch slim 2209 has taken on gift status, from her. Thats all folks.As always, comments welcome.

expect any future servicing to go up in price now, but glad you have sorted out the problem.

Thread Information