Titoni Airmaster 1969 vintage - replacement crystal?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Habitant

Thread: Titoni Airmaster 1969 vintage - replacement crystal?

Titoni Airmaster 1969 vintage - replacement crystal?

I have bought two Titoni Airmasters over the last couple of years, and absolutely love them!

The older of the two dates from approximately 1969, but has developed a crack in the acrylic crystal. My local watchmaker is happy to replace the crystal but says he can't supply one with a date cyclops. Does anyone know who I can get a replacement crystal from(with cyclops)?

As no post is appropriate without a photo - here's one of the watch in question.

Name:  Titoni1.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  110.6 KB
    Last edited by poxyhen; February 2nd, 2015 at 05:12.
    Steinhart Ocean GMT Vintage/Dagaz Tsunami UDT (Bone Frog)/Dagaz Typhoon T2/Seiko Samurai Ti/Seiko SKX009 - Murphy bezel/Seiko SBDC003/Vostok Amphibia Ministry-Murphy bezel
    f71 2013 project watch/Tag Heuer Kirium quartz/Aevig Valkyr/Titoni Airmaster c. 1969 & Airmaster c. 1990/Kelvin Klein tonneau/Momentum Atlas
    Suunto D6i/Suunto Ambit 3 Sport/G-Shock GD100-1B

Re: Titoni Airmaster 1969 vintage - replacement crystal?

Have a look at the Sternkreuz catalogue. Can't say it's easy work, and that may be why your watchmaker didn't want to do it, but there should be something in there for you. The whole range is available from Cousins UK, if you can't order it locally - you can search the Sternkreuz catalogue there, too. If you know the correct size (your watchmaker should be able to help), then you ought to be able to find one. This is fiddly research, but the answer is out there.
    poxyhen likes this.

Thanks a million Habitant - I'll get the watchmaker to remove the old one and take the required measurements and then order the right size through Cousins in the UK.
    Steinhart Ocean GMT Vintage/Dagaz Tsunami UDT (Bone Frog)/Dagaz Typhoon T2/Seiko Samurai Ti/Seiko SKX009 - Murphy bezel/Seiko SBDC003/Vostok Amphibia Ministry-Murphy bezel
    f71 2013 project watch/Tag Heuer Kirium quartz/Aevig Valkyr/Titoni Airmaster c. 1969 & Airmaster c. 1990/Kelvin Klein tonneau/Momentum Atlas
    Suunto D6i/Suunto Ambit 3 Sport/G-Shock GD100-1B

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You will need patience to work it out, Sternkreuz's catalogue is a masterpiece of vague information, offered up with little explanation. The easiest way to get close to your reference number is to use the Cousins 'glass' category, which will present you with options. Chose the one you think you want and it will lead you to a download of the relevant pages. That's the theory, anyway. And Cousins' customer 'service' is…

Quote Originally Posted by poxyhen View Post
    Thanks a million Habitant - I'll get the watchmaker to remove the old one and take the required measurements and then order the right size through Cousins in the UK.

Thread Information