Thread: Titoni Space Star

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Titoni Space Star

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfist View Post
    Here, this should make it easy for ya:

Family company - Titoni

Scroll down to "1983".

:)
    Haha well played, I missed that page. Thanks! So the watch isn't older than me :)

Also, how long do automatic watches generally keep going after you stop wearing them? A few hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Peppas View Post
    Also, how long do automatic watches generally keep going after you stop wearing them? A few hours?

...depends on how much their mainspring is wound. Most will go from full wind to stopped in about 40 hours. However just wearing the watch for a while does not assure it gets fully wound. For that, you need to wind it... 40-60 turns of the crown will almost always assure the watch is full wound. (Don't worry, you can not over wind it... there is a clutch system to prevent this.)

One of the most common questions folks ask with their automatic is 'why does my watch stop even though I have been wearing it?'. The answer is it never got wound because it did not get sufficient winding through the wrist movement. Manual winding will solve that problem.

Typing on a keyboard does not do a good job of winding my automatics. I usually have to add wind manually several times a week to keep them happy.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    ...depends on how much their mainspring is wound. Most will go from full wind to stopped in about 40 hours. However just wearing the watch for a while does not assure it gets fully wound. For that, you need to wind it... 40-60 turns of the crown will almost always assure the watch is full wound. (Don't worry, you can not over wind it... there is a clutch system to prevent this.)

One of the most common questions folks ask with their automatic is 'why does my watch stop even though I have been wearing it?'. The answer is it never got wound because it did not get sufficient winding through the wrist movement. Manual winding will solve that problem.

Typing on a keyboard does not do a good job of winding my automatics. I usually have to add wind manually several times a week to keep them happy.
    Excellent, thank you very much for that info! Yes it lasts the night now so I did just have to wind it. I'm an idiot... oh well, never had an automatic before! Still works a treat though, really liking it!

Nice Titoni, congrats!
    The Space Star is a model line and exists longer than 1983 - though yours could be from that time, it IMHO shows some typical style elements(hands, markers).
    Greetings from my one:

Last edited by mike184; July 25th, 2013 at 02:12.
    crazyfist likes this.
    Best regards, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike184 View Post
    Nice Titoni, congrats!
    The Space Star is a model line and exists longer than 1983 - though yours could be from that time, it IMHO shows some typical style elements(hands, markers).
    Greetings from my one:

Very nice! I'm happy to know it's from somewhere in the 70s-80s age group :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information