Titoni Space Star
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Titoni Space Star

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Titoni Space Star

Hi, first post so please take it easy on me!

I've recently had my interest in watches piqued by some guys from work who have some nice pieces. It reminded me that I was given a watch that was owned by my grandfather that he no longer wore... so I dug it out, had a look and have been trying to work out when it was from exactly.

It's a Titoni Space Star Rotomatic 25 Jewels... the back case says all the usual stuff I can find (Stainless Steel Waterproof Incabloc Rotomatic Swiss Made) with "TR 909" on there as well which I am assuming is the model?

Any info on when it's from exactly would be great. From what I can glean from a few past threads on here it seems to be circa 1970s? It still works great so I am thinking I will start wearing it :) Thanks in advance!

Name:  WP_001299_80.jpg
Views: 1315
Size:  217.5 KB

Re: Titoni Space Star

Tried to take a picture of the back of the watch... probably need to wait until daylight to get a better pic :) Sorry about the terrible photos!

Name:  WP_001301_90.jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  253.2 KB

Greetings from mine.
    A piece of my favorite timepiece, is like a dish of local delicacies. It's not about how good it may look, or how branded in may came from popular stalls or restaurants. It's always the materials and concoction that produces the best keep!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice piece. I think the "4" on the day of week is a plus. (Note to Americans: in the rest of the world, the weekend is at the end of the week and a new week starts on Monday )
    derids and redcow like this.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    Nice piece. I think the "4" on the day of week is a plus. (Note to Americans: in the rest of the world, the weekend is at the end of the week and a new week starts on Monday )
    Haha thanks. Funny that you mention the date, you can also set the day to display in chinese, similar to the date in Ed's photo.

Hi and welcome, nice looking piece probably from the 70s

Very nice Titoni! I think many of the space stars came with mineral crystals instead of acrylic. Can't tell from your pictures, but if it's mineral crystal, there's a good chance it's from the 80s...

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfist View Post
    Very nice Titoni! I think many of the space stars came with mineral crystals instead of acrylic. Can't tell from your pictures, but if it's mineral crystal, there's a good chance it's from the 80s...
    Thanks mate! how would I figure this out?? I'm interested to get a sorta rough era/age if possible! Well... a bit closer than 70s/80s :)

The pictures also don't show this up but it's not a flat face, it is almost a segmented cover if that makes sense? Let me try and get another picture to show what I mean....

OK a pic attempting to show the case...

Name:  WP_001304_90.jpg
Views: 1205
Size:  236.8 KB

Here, this should make it easy for ya:

Family company - Titoni

Scroll down to "1983".

:)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information