TOOLS?

Thread: TOOLS?

TOOLS?

Being fairly new to the hobby of vintage watches I find that I need to dig a little deeper, to be able to... at the very least open a watch case myself and perhaps even tinker on a cheap watch, never on my good ones of course. Is there a good starter kit out there that has screw drivers, case holder, opener you guys can recommend or is it better to just buy them separately? What I'm finding looks cheap...maybe in my case cheap is good for what I'm going to do with it.
    Last thing, if I do buy separately, whats a good case opener? I know I should not go cheap on that. I see two prong and three prong openers which is better ?
    Thank you ALL for your help in the past and future, it's you guys that keep me fascinated and wanting to know more about these awesome vintage time pieces.
    Last edited by howards4th; April 4th, 2012 at 18:13. Reason: sp

Re: TOOLS?

The TimeZone Watch School Toolkits are good, well rounded kits, but they come with a movement (and are designed to support the curriculum of the on-line TimeZone Watch School): TimeZone Watch School Level One ToolKits

They don't come with an opener though; you'd have to buy that seperately. I used to use a cheap 3 prong "javex" style that I ordered from Hong Kong, but I found a used Bergeron two-prong that works great, so I use that now.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Quote Originally Posted by AbslomRob View Post
    The TimeZone Watch School Toolkits are good, well rounded kits, but they come with a movement (and are designed to support the curriculum of the on-line TimeZone Watch School): TimeZone Watch School Level One ToolKits

They don't come with an opener though; you'd have to buy that seperately. I used to use a cheap 3 prong "javex" style that I ordered from Hong Kong, but I found a used Bergeron two-prong that works great, so I use that now.
    Thanks very much, With the movement included this sounds like the way to go.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am trying to sell my TimeZone level 1 kit if you're still looking

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f425/tz...-a-772670.html

The Watchmaking forum has a sticky (post at the top of the forum) on this topic.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thread Information