Totally new to the watch enthusiast world but trying to find out info about this watch...
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Totally new to the watch enthusiast world but trying to find out info about this watch...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Totally new to the watch enthusiast world but trying to find out info about this watch...

I was hoping you could all help me!?

I have this watch and am trying to find out more about the manufacturer a d history of the watch but I can't find any information at all...

Have many more watches but this is one of sentimental value to me. Please help!

Tom
    Last edited by Tbeith; May 19th, 2011 at 14:56.

Welcome! We'd be happy to help as best we can. You may want to try and reinsert that picture however, the link is not a working photo.
    Current Collection:
    Rolex GMT-Master IIc
    Panerai 318
    Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 2100 Chrono
    Seiko SKX175
    Bulova Adventurer Chronograph
    Parnis Auto Power Reserve SS

Re: Totally new to the watch enthusiast world but trying to find out info about this watch...

Sorry about the poor pic, the watch has the following wording on it.

S.H.D.
    Eb.SUISSE

INCABLOC
    17 Rubis
    ANTIMAGNETIC

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Totally new to the watch enthusiast world but trying to find out info about this watch...

Definitely hard to find anything about that watch.
    A shot in the dark here, but perhaps it has something to do with this organization?
    Service historique de la défense
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

That would make sense when I look at my family history, the man who owned this (my great uncle) was a french pilot.

There must be more of these about!!

After a bit more research I have found out that the watch belonged to my great uncle 'Pierre Laureys' who flew a spitfire in world war 2. After a bit of google action I found that he also flew in the 1960's war film 'the longest day'. 2 of his spitfires were used in this film. I just need to find out more about the watch now!

It has 3 stars etched on the back of it, does this mean anything?

Thanks for your help so far!
    nome93 likes this.

Moved to Vintage for further assistance.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Hi there.

It a nice looking watch! I would say it from the 60s... Could be a bit earlier... Also a bit later!

A movement pic could help date it. I would guess on a landeron (maybe 148) movement. Unsure of the brand... But there are many lost brands from the 60s/70s that used generic chrono movements like landeron and Valjoux and branded them with their names!

Looks like a very nice watch and has a great family history... And sounds like it was owned by a great guy!

Someone may know more... Movement pic would help!
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Nice looking watch

It's not a brand I've come accross before, but then there were sooo many watch co's 'back in the day' and many are now lost to history!!

As for the age, I'm going to say 50's, maybe even late 40's looking at the crown and pushers. The movement is more than likely a Landeron as these were quite common in this kind of watch at the time.

IF you can open it up, without damaging it, a clear close up (macro) photo of the movement would definately help.

Is it working ok? Has it been serviced recently?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information