Trade I made today! Advice on Lucien Piccard?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spartcom5

Thread: Trade I made today! Advice on Lucien Piccard?

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    472

    Trade I made today! Advice on Lucien Piccard?

    Made a trade today for a modern watch for these three watches. The Lucien Piccard is in good condition in regards to no gold wearing off. However looks like a minute marker fell off lol. It's still in the case but I don't think it is original, looks like a replacement. Needs a crown as well. Overall not the best watch but for what I traded its good for me. What should I do with it? Put the replacement back on? How?
    Name:  20170813_164849_resized.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  297.2 KBName:  20170813_164904_resized.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  210.4 KBName:  20170813_164932_resized.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  451.4 KB

    Next are my favorite. Having a smaller wrist these old wrist watches always look great. Both are gold filled. Love the green gold look on the Elgin, 7 jewel. Illinois is 15 jewels. Both run and work but need a crystal.
    Name:  20170813_165002_resized.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  303.0 KBName:  20170813_165031_resized.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  286.6 KB
    parrotandpitbull likes this.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Jose, California-USA
    Posts
    36,807

    Re: Trade I made today! Advice on Lucien Piccard?

    The Lucien Piccard was made about the same time mine was; 1959. Looks pretty much like mine as well, but that one is in terrible condition. It's a pop-top, so you
    can not replace the back. It's gonna cost big-time to recondition that one; good luck.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    472

    Re: Trade I made today! Advice on Lucien Piccard?

    Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    The Lucien Piccard was made about the same time mine was; 1959. Looks pretty much like mine as well, but that one is in terrible condition. It's a pop-top, so you
    can not replace the back. It's gonna cost big-time to recondition that one; good luck.
    Now that I look it over more it is a lot worse than I thought.... LOL whoops well at least the other two watches I got are good. I fixed the bent lug bar, just need a crystal and a strap and they are good enough to wear. They are both the same size as a 1940s Hamilton so not too small. Kinda bummed on the Lucien although it was basically thrown in for free. Maybe I will use it for another trade sometime.
    Last edited by Spartcom5; August 14th, 2017 at 05:12.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member tinknocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,594

    Re: Trade I made today! Advice on Lucien Piccard?

    Like the Elgin
    Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Jose, California-USA
    Posts
    36,807

    Re: Trade I made today! Advice on Lucien Piccard?

    Mine is an incredible watch, wearing it now, had it just over 55 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartcom5 View Post
    Now that I look it over more it is a lot worse than I thought.... LOL whoops well at least the other two watches I got are good. I fixed the bent lug bar, just need a crystal and a strap and they are good enough to wear. They are both the same size as a 1940s Hamilton so not too small. Kinda bummed on the Lucien although it was basically thrown in for free. Maybe I will use it for another trade sometime.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    472

    Re: Trade I made today! Advice on Lucien Piccard?

    Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    Mine is an incredible watch, wearing it now, had it just over 55 years.
    Yea, seems like it could be an amazing watch. Only thing that is really bugging me is the minute marker. I have no idea if I will find one anywhere and the one floating around inside the case isn't original and doesn't look good. Other than that most can be fixed stem/crown etc. Dang minute marker! I'll keep an eye out on eBay for an extra dial or something.
    Last edited by Spartcom5; August 14th, 2017 at 07:57.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Jose, California-USA
    Posts
    36,807

    Re: Trade I made today! Advice on Lucien Piccard?

    Hate to say it, a 'Red Tag' is about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartcom5 View Post
    Yea, seems like it could be an amazing watch. Only thing that is really bugging me is the minute marker. I have no idea if I will find one anywhere and the one floating around inside the case isn't original and doesn't look good. Other than that most can be fixed stem/crown etc. Dang minute marker! I'll keep an eye out on eBay for an extra dial or something.

  9. #8
    Member jimdon5822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    631

    Re: Trade I made today! Advice on Lucien Piccard?

    Great watches! It was great running in to you in person. Definitely a small world.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 5
      Last Post: February 2nd, 2016, 10:26
    2. Replies: 3
      Last Post: February 28th, 2015, 23:14
    3. Advice on Lucien Piccard "Panther"
      By timcc23 in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: February 27th, 2008, 04:44
    4. Lucien Piccard, Sector, J.Springs, $50 each
      By monster623az in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: May 1st, 2006, 06:34
    5. Fs: Lucien Piccard Monaco Watch
      By pipes in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: April 19th, 2006, 04:11

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •