Trench watch "Diana" identification
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Border-Reiver

Thread: Trench watch "Diana" identification

Hello.Does anyone knows something about this trench Diana watch? Year? The dial and hands? Movement? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by jaszg; May 31st, 2019 at 00:12.

Re: Trench watch "Diana" identification

Hi there,

showing just a dial view with a popular name (like Smith or Miller) is no reasonable base for detailed informations.

However, the red 12 was lauched to distinguish between the new open-face wristwatches with the crown at 3, and the old open-face pocket watches with the crown at 12 - thus to prevent wrong reading at a short glance. So this is met on early wristwatches made from ca. 1910 on, and later was extended to pocketwatches as a kind of fashionable feature. But the bold upright digits on your dial narrows the likely production year of your watch to 1925.

Regards, Roland Rnfft

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Ranfft View Post
    Hi there,

showing just a dial view with a popular name (like Smith or Miller) is no reasonable base for detailed informations.

However, the red 12 was lauched to distinguish between the new open-face wristwatches with the crown at 3, and the old open-face pocket watches with the crown at 12 - thus to prevent wrong reading at a short glance. So this is met on early wristwatches made from ca. 1910 on, and later was extended to pocketwatches as a kind of fashionable feature. But the bold upright digits on your dial narrows the likely production year of your watch to 1925.

Regards, Roland Rnfft
    hello, sorry they didn't add my other photo.Its there now...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi there,

it's a cheap cylinder mivement originally intended for cheap ladies pocketwatches. These old pin-set calibres are almost nowhere recorded, i.e. I've no clue who made it.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

Paskar Watch Co., Biel, Switzerland, perhaps? They had a model Diana and made similar movements at the time.

Here are two from Diana pocket watches. The letter on the first movement is a 'P' ,ot a 'B'!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Border-Reiver; May 30th, 2019 at 19:06.
    SunnyOrange likes this.

Vint. Forum Co-Moderator Mirius's Avatar

The latter is almost certainly an AS movement BR so I think these are just badge engineering. The OPs is somewhat familiar but I’d have to check references to see if I it’s something I can identify or just something I’ve seen often.

Quote Originally Posted by Border-Reiver View Post
    Paskar Watch Co., Biel, Switzerland, perhaps? They had a model Diana and made similar movements at the time.

Here are two from Diana pocket watches. The letter on the first movement is a 'P' ,ot a 'B'!
    Thanks.Finally something concrete...

Thread Information