Triple date moonie

Thread: Triple date moonie

Triple date moonie

Hello Vintage forumers,

I wonder if you might share your thoughts.
    I think what I really like are those vintage Omega (et al) triple date moonphase watches that occasionally go for lots of money on the bay. Something like this perhaps:

(Pic stolen from Ebay)

Especially the ones with moon shaped date pointer. The Problem is, I have champagne taste but lemonade pockets!

Are there any nice affordable modern clones/homages that don't just look nasty? Citizen :oops: do a retro styled AP1028-55P which might look halfway decent with a black croc. strap or something.

What does the group think?
    ..<////(°>

Re: Triple date moonie

Hi -

Not off the top of my head, but... I do think that Oris makes something similiar, but that may still be more than you want to spend.

The problem, of course, is that the complications shown are exactly that: complications that means that the watchworks are more complex and demand a higher price.

Other than that, get yourself a copy of Shugart's Price Guide for watches and peruse the literally thousands of vintage watches in that guide to see if there is something out there that matches your taste and pocketbook.

That's part of the fun of vintage watches: sometimes the research is more interesting than the watch itself...

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Nothing good and cheap

I've been researching these beautiful works of art. The best price I can find is around $700 and UP. $1500 for a nice one. I can't find anything modern that I like either. Dang.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris ..<////(°> View Post
    Hello Vintage forumers,

I wonder if you might share your thoughts.
    I think what I really like are those vintage Omega (et al) triple date moonphase watches that occasionally go for lots of money on the bay. Something like this perhaps:

(Pic stolen from Ebay)

Especially the ones with moon shaped date pointer. The Problem is, I have champagne taste but lemonade pockets!

Are there any nice affordable modern clones/homages that don't just look nasty? Citizen :oops: do a retro styled AP1028-55P which might look halfway decent with a black croc. strap or something.

What does the group think?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My Watches .. click here!

incoming .. Seiko DX, Seiko LM, two almost identical Seiko Bullhead chronos

Looks nice. I quite like the black one. Anybody seen any of them in the flesh?
    ..<////(°>

That Alpha probably has only a day/night indicator, not a moonphase. See the sun in that window?

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by cnmark View Post
    That Alpha probably has only a day/night indicator, not a moonphase. See the sun in that window?
    Right you are, it´s just a 24 hour wheel, 12h sun and 12h moon. Far away from being a "complication" (moon phase indication).

Thread Information