Turkish/Ottoman vintage watches

Thread: Turkish/Ottoman vintage watches

Turkish/Ottoman vintage watches

Hi Gentlemen,

I really really like the look of these old Turkish/ottoman PWs. They seem to vary very much in bid pricing. I am looking at a couple but one in particular, by K. SERKISOFF & Co.CONSTANTINOPLE is catching my eye ( too bad the whole Loopers movie hyped these up..oh well).
    Can anyone help me a bit on telling me wha is a safe bid cap for one in very good working order? I did read the sticky on this...but I am as green as can be.

much appreciation in advance all.

David NY
    Last edited by DaveyNY; November 26th, 2012 at 07:08.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Turkish/Ottoman vintage watches

I am afraid there is nothing we can tell you about "what a safe bid might be" - there are far too many factors involved. It is essential to get a picture of the movement, after that, it is very important to know at least approximately what condition it is in. All that can be seen mainly from decent pictures. K. Serkisoff watches are on average a little above the rest - they were often made by Zenith.

Hartmut Richter

Re: Turkish/Ottoman vintage watches

Thanks so much. I am reading, reading and doing more reading...just about arrived at that conclusion...much to still learn.

so that the reason we see that blurred picture of the back of the watch..it's the movement proving it works?

thank you-

David NY
    Last edited by DaveyNY; November 30th, 2012 at 01:31.

Thread Information