Two new (old) pocket watches purchased. (Photos will follow when possible)

Thread: Two new (old) pocket watches purchased. (Photos will follow when possible)

Two new (old) pocket watches purchased. (Photos will follow when possible)

Hello, folks, from rainy England, where I'm currently on holiday in London. While at one of the local flea-markets, I purchased a pair of antique gold-filled pocket watches.

1. Waltham Riverside open-face watch, 17j. 16s. Ca. 1900.
    2. IWC open face watch, 15j. 16s.

Photos of both might be a bit long in coming, internet access opportunities being few & far between at the moment. Hope you folks reckon I made a pair of good purchases.

Will post again...hopefully...in a few days' time.

Shangas.
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

Re: Two new (old) pocket watches purchased. (Photos will follow when possible)

Sounds very good, Shangas. I just came back from my holiday myself. Looking forward to see what you found.
    I have also accumulated a few interesting watches, let's see if we can interest the forum members through postings in the near future.
    Erik_H
    Member NAWCC Chapter 149

Sounds good.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hey guys,

Taken a couple of photos of each watch, which I will try to upload in the next couple of days, 'net-speed willing! On closer inspection, both watches have gold-filled cases, both with minimal brassing (around winding-stem, mostly). Riverside has considerable scratching inside the caseback & on the cuvette...why, remains a mystery. The IWC is pin-set. The Riverside is crown-set. Both seem mechanically sound and when I have the time & money, I'll send them to my watchmaker to get them serviced before use.
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

Riverside movt:

Back...

IWC Front...

IWC Back:

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

Thread Information