Ulysse Fake?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Ulysse Fake?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ulysse Fake?

Came across this today. I’m no expert but the dial looks horrible. Narden? Saw another post here that said most UN on eBay were not genuine

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-18k...wAAOSwUIFauUiC

Re: Ulysse Fake?

Wish I could help, not an expert on that brand, but to me, the name looks very wrong. Hopefully with more knowledge will come along soon.
    Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

I'm not sure I understand the question. Would that dial look better to you if you were assured that it was genuine?

The name is misspelled on the dial and the manufacturer's stamp inside the case back is extremely faint in comparison to the hallmark. This has the appearance of a genuine 1950s/60s watch of decent quality that has been "rebirthed" with a new brand. Avoid.
    Shum likes this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What can one say... Just horrible.

This seller is usually much better at authenticating watches. I'm surprised he is selling such an obvious fake.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Boil it in oil.
    laikrodukas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by badbackdan View Post
    This seller is usually much better at authenticating watches. I'm surprised he is selling such an obvious fake.
    I have this one in the black list. Fake bids, fake watches, atrocious prices for simple pieces and other statistical nonsense
    Chaos is my focus

Quote Originally Posted by laikrodukas View Post
    I have this one in the black list. Fake bids, fake watches, atrocious prices for simple pieces and other statistical nonsense
    That's an interesting perspective, and you could be right. But I will add my personal perspective for balance. All of his sales are no reserve auctions, so the prices are determined by the bidders, and I generally find they sell for what I consider market value. I have not seen signs of fake bids, and I have followed many of his auctions over the past few years.

I regularly browse through his listings, and take a closer look when I notice watches that are interesting to me. I often find watches that I like, and follow the auction. I have won two of his auctions and have been happy with the watches. On the other hand, I haven't carefully checked all of his listings, and this watch proves that he is also selling some terrible watches and is not always careful. Just more proof that you can't blindly trust a seller. Even if he sells some good watches, others might be bad.
    laikrodukas likes this.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Quote Originally Posted by badbackdan View Post
    That's an interesting perspective, and you could be right. But I will add my personal perspective for balance. All of his sales are no reserve auctions, so the prices are determined by the bidders, and I generally find they sell for what I consider market value. I have not seen signs of fake bids, and I have followed many of his auctions over the past few years.

I regularly browse through his listings, and take a closer look when I notice watches that are interesting to me. I often find watches that I like, and follow the auction. I have won two of his auctions and have been happy with the watches. On the other hand, I haven't carefully checked all of his listings, and this watch proves that he is also selling some terrible watches and is not always careful. Just more proof that you can't blindly trust a seller. Even if he sells some good watches, others might be bad.
    Not a bandito.

Just occasionally sloppy.
    Courtesy of ULF.

More than just sloppy. Waiting to hear back from him. Asked specifically about mis spelling and poor lettering

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information