Unbelievable find! NOS never worn Seiko chronograph 6139-6002!
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Unbelievable find! NOS never worn Seiko chronograph 6139-6002!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I was killing some time after work on Friday and decided to stop into a little antique mall in East Tennessee and to my amazement there was a display cabinet full of antique watches with the owner of the watches filling up his case display. I asked him if he had any other watches or any old seiko's and he said yes just wait a minute so he went to his car and I was unbelievably surprised when he came back with this beautiful 1973 chronograph. He said he purchased it from the original owner that they had bought it for their child as a high school graduation present but they did not like it so they put it up and he recently purchased it from them. We agreed on a price that was way cheap and now I'm the happy owner. I've been trying to find comparables past or present to come up with a sense of value but I have not had much luck if anyone can help me without breaking any rules I would really appreciate I mean maybe guide me to some internet sales or websites , thank you so much I hope you enjoy the picturesName:  IMG_20191004_192548_170_1570388320911.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  595.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Unbelievable find! NOS never worn Seiko chronograph 6139-6002!

Looks nice. We can't give you a value, but there's no rule against sharing what you paid for it.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

I paid 300.00
    James A likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's a very good deal. I would say that all original examples in decent condition are selling for twice that amount on eBay, even though it's not one of the more desirable dial variants. But you can easily check that for yourself.

Yes I found plenty of descent examples that sell for 300.00 up to 1200.00 but I can't find any never worn NOS full set examples! Thank you for your input.

Does it have the actual dated and stamped warranty papers with serial number matching the watch? That's the accessory that would add value. The generic boxes, instructions, and warranty booklet only add nominal value, since anyone can buy those separately.

"Never-worn NOS" is something I take with a grain of salt. Just something you heard second-hand, and not provable. Most collectors will just go by the condition of the watch that they can actually verify. If it's in excellent condition, then you should look for comps in similar condition.

Yes it has the filled out warranty card with matching # , still has sticker on case back and I cannot find one scratch on it. Just unbelievable condition. Looking at this watch the story seems to match the condition and watch. Braclet is perfect with frosty brushed finish with not a scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Watson View Post
    Yes it has the filled out warranty card with matching # , still has sticker on case back and I cannot find one scratch on it. Just unbelievable condition. Looking at this watch the story seems to match the condition and watch. Braclet is perfect with frosty brushed finish with not a scratch.
    That's definitely going to bring a premium then. Collector piece.

Wow, that’s a beautiful example of a Pogue. Nice find!

Unbelievable find! NOS never worn Seiko chronograph 6139-6002!

Uh, I hate to say this and I know you have papers but I see a couple of things that make this watch suspicious. I collect vintage Seikos and while I’m not a certified expert I have learned from those that are to look for certain things. Seikos, especially the popular 6139 & 6138 models are frequently faked. Frequently as in there are sweat shops in Mumbai and elsewhere pumping out gleamingly clean Pogues all the time. My questions center on the Seiko logo.
    This is my all original 6139-6005; note how the “O” in Seiko has an oval shape that is longer in width than high and how the logo edges are sharp.

Below is your watch, the “O” is more vertical not a horizontal oval and the edges of the logo appear rounded, almost as if it came from a mold. Seiko’s logo didn’t vary and their quality control in that era, even for fairly affordable 6139s was excellent. They didn’t make mistakes.

My post is intended to educate not criticize. And what I see may be a result of the photo enlargement quality. Perhaps you could provide additional photos of your watch.
    We may be lost but we're making good time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information