Universal geneve unisonic wrist watch

Thread: Universal geneve unisonic wrist watch

Universal geneve unisonic wrist watch

Hi Looking for some infomation on my Dad's Unisonic, it is a 18k housing with a black face unisonic movement, diamonds onthe face and a date at the quarter mark, would like to know year and possible value, also looking to change strap, what would have been the original strap, and what mm strap would fit?

Thank you in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Universal geneve unisonic wrist watch

Sorry, the stickies (articles at the top of the forum) say why we don't do valuations.... a common question though.

A pic of the movement would be needed for better dating but I think "Unisonic" was used in the '60s by UG.

These expandable bands often gouge the lugs of the watch. I'd swap it out. (And service it... using it with dried lubrication will ruin it even if it will run.)

Your Dad has good taste!
    Last edited by Eeeb; April 2nd, 2012 at 21:55.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

"Unisonic" points to the fact that it has a licensed Bulova Accutron (tuning fork) movement. Sort of an in between thing between mechanical and quartz. It still needs servicing and requires someone with really good experience in tuning fork watches - the connecting wire between tuning fork and watch is extremelythin! Once up and running, it goes at a frequency of 360 Hz (mechanical high frequency movements run at 5 Hz and above!) which means, it doesn't tick - it hums! At a tone close to the F# above middle C to be precise.....

Hartmut Richter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ah yes... I was thinking of the Ultrasonic (Enicar?). The Unisonic is a variant of the Accutron 218 I think.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Here's a little write up on the Unisonic from the Crazy Watches website

UNIVERSAL GENEVE 1-53 UNISONIC 218 ACCUTRON 1965

And with tuning fork watches, it is generally recommended to have it serviced before starting it up with a battery.
    Very robust movement that could potentially destroy gears if not properly lubricated, etc.
    I've got more Converse sneakers than watches, but it is a close race.

I'm curious to know the straps size. You can measure between the lugs to get an idea

Thread Information