Unusual Vintage Glycine.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By vintagewatchlover
  • 3 Post By Emre

Thread: Unusual Vintage Glycine.

Unusual Vintage Glycine.

Hi, second post here on the vintage and pocket watch forum. I'm posting regarding a very interesting vintage Glycine I picked up earlier this year. I also posted on the Glycine forum, not sure were would be best to post. The watch is 30mm diameter without crown, 20 micron gold filled and appears to be very well put together. Can anyone tell me anything about this watch? I've attached some pics, thank's in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Unusual Vintage Glycine.

My guess would be 1950s. Thanks for posting.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

This watch is representative of one of the high points of Swiss watchmaking. The post WWII and pre quartz era was healthy and sometimes innovative time for the industry. There was continuous refinement of which your watch an example. Lots of 17 jeweled winders were made before the automatic caught on in the late 50s. Before they disappeared they became 'waterproof' and quite robust. If you are not striving for chronometer accuracy, these watches are great bargains.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

NEED HELP WITH Figuring out which Glycine this is.

Guys please assist me with this glycine. Just picked it up from a pawn shop, looked great to me. Kind of resembles a submariner or diver but not sure. Have only spent about 6 hours researching but no clue yet. Trying to figure out Model or Name/year etc....(airman or whichever model they use). Movement is ETA 2472 and number below is 4241. Here are a few pics. Also would like to get an approximate estimate if possible.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

mikmis likes this.

Re: NEED HELP WITH Figuring out which Glycine this is.

Forgot to mention that it has a RED triange at 12 O'clock might be rare

early '70s timepiece, pretty generic for its time.

Should have a 7 digit serial number on back 1-1.2 mil or a six digit like 324.112. These had no model names just ref numbers.

The only serial numbers it has are on its case 4272 and below 4142. No 6 digets anywhere

Thread Information