Valant Watch Co.

Thread: Valant Watch Co.

Valant Watch Co.

Hi all.
    Please, some info about "Valant". I am not able to find any info.
    All I found is this:
    http://www.lacotedesmontres.com/Enchere-No_8842.htm

Thanks for help.
    Last edited by Split sec; December 9th, 2015 at 14:17.

Re: Valant Watch Co.

There is only one Valant trade mark in Mikrolisk- registered in 1906 to a Haas, Neveux & Cie. of Geneve.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Hi mkws. You are right. But Valant was supplyer to them (means ebausche producer, and I have a movement by Valant, means producer of watches too) and I should like to find out something more about them.

Name:  DSC02655.JPG
Views: 139
Size:  190.5 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

According to Mikrolisk, Valant was a trade mark of Haas, Neveux & Cie., not a supplier. Valant on the movement does not imply that they produced the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Badener View Post
    According to Mikrolisk, Valant was a trade mark of Haas, Neveux & Cie., not a supplier. Valant on the movement does not imply that they produced the movement.
    +1
    That it's signed by Valant doesn't make it an in-house movement. Well, it may be, but I'd say it's generic- movement layout like this wasn't anything unusual. My first thoughts were Cyma, Gruen or Electa, as it has some features in common with movements by these brands (which did at some point supply movements to other companies). It doesn't look to be entirely made by either, though.
    If you have the movement alone, is there anything which might be a patent number (on the dial side) on it? Because with no other leads, this can be of help in identifying it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Hi. I could accept Valant is kind of model name or something else. But newer seen model name without producer logo. It is hard to believe that Verithin by Gruen, for example.

" Haas Neveu & Cie., Genève, No. 905983, the movement supplied by Valant Watch Co., Swiss, circa 1930. Fine 18K gold and enamel keyless Art Deco dress watch. " By "La Cote des Montres" and looks seriouse site!

But here are some pic. of dial side.
    Name:  DSC02707.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  129.4 KBName:  DSC02704.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  136.4 KBName:  DSC02705.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  137.5 KB

So, it remains mystery for me.

Maybe someone can ID it by the keyless works. When I've seen the patent marking, I hoped to find a patent number...
    Anyway, there are a few patents registered to Haas, Neveux & Cie.
    Patent for an entire movement:
    Espacenet - Bibliographic data
    Granted in 1927. This means, that they actually made a movement by themselves, so the explanation that the movement is in-house is plausible.
    There are three entries for this patent, two Swiss and one French patent.
    They even have one chronograph patent:
    Espacenet - Bibliographic data
    Edgar Allan Poe

George Orwell

Erich Maria Remarque

Thread Information