Vintage branded automatic movement + new case and hands + custom dial... What is this? Marriage?
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Vintage branded automatic movement + new case and hands + custom dial... What is this? Marriage?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Vintage branded automatic movement + new case and hands + custom dial... What is this? Marriage?

What can be elements of dial? Movement brand logo and name is possible? Omega, as sample...

Thank you.

Re: Vintage branded automatic movement + new case and hands + custom dial... What is this? Marriage?

????
    Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

Re: Vintage branded automatic movement + new case and hands + custom dial... What is this? Marriage?

If you're looking for instructions to build a fake, look somewhere else.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Oops, I just realized you said automatic movement, my post was referring to vintage and antique pocket watch movements being repurposed in new wrist watch cases, so ignore everything I said. I always do skip the important words when reading too fast!
    What you're be talking about sounds like getting into fake territory.

Traditional marriage watch, with pocket movement, with custom dial (with brand logo and name) is not fake?

Please, what is difference if in this marriage watch exist vintage pocket movement (this is also fake?) or vintage automatic movement?

Quote Originally Posted by fbraun55 View Post
    Traditional marriage watch, with pocket movement, with custom dial (with brand logo and name) is not fake?

Please, what is difference if in this marriage watch exist vintage pocket movement (this is also fake?) or vintage automatic movement?
    It's a bit difficult to understand what you are asking. Are you asking about a particular watch? If so, you should post photos. If you are asking a generic question, then I think the question is unclear.

On this forum, I believe that a watch with an aftermarket dial with brand logo and name would be considered counterfeit and fake. Occasionally someone posts a question about a watch like that, and they are told that the watch is fake, and then the thread is locked.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

I hope, who read this posts, know what we know as marriage watch. In principle...

Therefore, not can have custom dial with movement brand name and logo. OK. But can have custom dial, and, what can be elements of this custom dial?

OK. For me, there is discus end. Marriage watch, traditional, with pocket movement or not traditional, with vintage automatic movement (not exist difference), can have custom dial, but not can have custom dial with movement brand name and logo. Thank you.

putting a brand that you do not own on a custom dial is a fake
    credorfan likes this.
    Chaos is my focus

They are fake, and all the ones I see are very ugly monstrosities.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information