Vintage Breitling???

Thread: Vintage Breitling???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    17

    Vintage Breitling???

    Hi,

    I purchased this watch, and need to articulate evidence that it is a fake (if it is a fake) in order to settle my claim.

    Any answers to the following questions would be much appreciated!..

    Is it fake?

    How exactly do you know?

    What are the telltale signs?

    Was Breitling even making a similar watch around 1940-1960?

    Thanks in advance...

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    1,653

    Re: Vintage Breitling???

    The engraving of the Brietling name should be all the evidence you need. There should be no difference in apperence between the name and the the other close by engraving.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    134

    Re: Vintage Breitling???

    If it's not fake, Breitling ought to move the designer to another department. Maybe sorting springbars or something like that...

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NJ / Philly
    Posts
    7,645

    Re: Vintage Breitling???

    Breitling didn't make many of their own calibers, but I never knew them to use something that basic in their watches. I think that's a fake.

  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    182

    Re: Vintage Breitling???

    Fakety fake fake. That's an AS1130 mvmt. Breitling never used them (that I've seen). They used ETA and Valjoux mostly, IIRC.

    + bad engraving on both case back and mvmt.
    + silver dial with red and blue with gold hands? C'mon..
    Last edited by Oracle; December 24th, 2010 at 00:30.

  7. #6
    Member DaBaeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    States: east -nyc/phila
    Posts
    6,644

    Re: Vintage Breitling???

    Just articulate the when you received the watch you discovered that the Breitling engraving on both caseback and movement was faked and/or done at a different time as when the watch was first manufactured which should constitute deception on somebody's part. Good luck and in future-submit photos to wus 1st-have less pain 2nd
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    17

    Re: Vintage Breitling???

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBaeker View Post
    Just articulate the when you received the watch you discovered that the Breitling engraving on both caseback and movement was faked and/or done at a different time as when the watch was first manufactured which should constitute deception on somebody's part. Good luck and in future-submit photos to wus 1st-have less pain 2nd
    Thank you all for the specific info. This should help me make my case. I already issued a chargeback, as the seller won't admit it's a fake. And I don't even feel like I should have to pay return shipping to a business that deceives its customers.

  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NJ / Philly
    Posts
    7,645

    Re: Vintage Breitling???

    Quote Originally Posted by dsantos1 View Post
    Thank you all for the specific info. This should help me make my case. I already issued a chargeback, as the seller won't admit it's a fake. And I don't even feel like I should have to pay return shipping to a business that deceives its customers.
    The seller might not know it's a fake as he/she may have been deceived when they bought it. At the least, it's a poor redial.

  10. #9
    Member JohnnyMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Vintage Breitling???

    Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    The seller might not know it's a fake as he/she may have been deceived when they bought it. At the least, it's a poor redial.

    I wouldn't even go as far as saying that was a poor redial......I think I could paint those lines in better with a decorating brush?!!

    Unfortunately, I don't have one to hand, so can't demonstrate

    Not a genuine watch imho, so hope the OP get's it all sorted favourably.

  11. #10
    Zenith Forum Co-moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,588

    Redials

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMonkey View Post
    I wouldn't even go as far as saying that was a poor redial......I think I could paint those lines in better with a decorating brush?!!

    Unfortunately, I don't have one to hand, so can't demonstrate
    For an example of one of the, ehrm, "slightly unconvincing" redials, you need look no further than a recent thread in the Zenith forum:

    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f27/art-redial-484853.html

    Please don't throw up your Christmas turkey - or yourself out of the window over this one!

    Hartmut Richter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •