Vintage Breitling???

Thread: Vintage Breitling???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vintage Breitling???

Hi,

I purchased this watch, and need to articulate evidence that it is a fake (if it is a fake) in order to settle my claim.

Any answers to the following questions would be much appreciated!..

Is it fake?

How exactly do you know?

What are the telltale signs?

Was Breitling even making a similar watch around 1940-1960?

Thanks in advance...

Re: Vintage Breitling???

The engraving of the Brietling name should be all the evidence you need. There should be no difference in apperence between the name and the the other close by engraving.

If it's not fake, Breitling ought to move the designer to another department. Maybe sorting springbars or something like that...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Breitling didn't make many of their own calibers, but I never knew them to use something that basic in their watches. I think that's a fake.

Banned

Fakety fake fake. That's an AS1130 mvmt. Breitling never used them (that I've seen). They used ETA and Valjoux mostly, IIRC.

+ bad engraving on both case back and mvmt.
    + silver dial with red and blue with gold hands? C'mon..
    Last edited by Oracle; December 24th, 2010 at 00:30.

Just articulate the when you received the watch you discovered that the Breitling engraving on both caseback and movement was faked and/or done at a different time as when the watch was first manufactured which should constitute deception on somebody's part. Good luck and in future-submit photos to wus 1st-have less pain 2nd
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

Quote Originally Posted by DaBaeker View Post
    Just articulate the when you received the watch you discovered that the Breitling engraving on both caseback and movement was faked and/or done at a different time as when the watch was first manufactured which should constitute deception on somebody's part. Good luck and in future-submit photos to wus 1st-have less pain 2nd
    Thank you all for the specific info. This should help me make my case. I already issued a chargeback, as the seller won't admit it's a fake. And I don't even feel like I should have to pay return shipping to a business that deceives its customers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dsantos1 View Post
    Thank you all for the specific info. This should help me make my case. I already issued a chargeback, as the seller won't admit it's a fake. And I don't even feel like I should have to pay return shipping to a business that deceives its customers.
    The seller might not know it's a fake as he/she may have been deceived when they bought it. At the least, it's a poor redial.

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    The seller might not know it's a fake as he/she may have been deceived when they bought it. At the least, it's a poor redial.

I wouldn't even go as far as saying that was a poor redial......I think I could paint those lines in better with a decorating brush?!!

Unfortunately, I don't have one to hand, so can't demonstrate

Not a genuine watch imho, so hope the OP get's it all sorted favourably.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Redials

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMonkey View Post
    I wouldn't even go as far as saying that was a poor redial......I think I could paint those lines in better with a decorating brush?!!

Unfortunately, I don't have one to hand, so can't demonstrate
    For an example of one of the, ehrm, "slightly unconvincing" redials, you need look no further than a recent thread in the Zenith forum:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f27/art-redial-484853.html

Please don't throw up your Christmas turkey - or yourself out of the window over this one!

Hartmut Richter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information