Vintage Bucherer watch

Thread: Vintage Bucherer watch

Vintage Bucherer watch

My wife and I inherited a watch from her grandfather. It is a bucherer triple date brevet 17 jewels incabloc https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink on the back is says 18k 0.750, then number 333037, and another symbol with a 105 in it. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink He collected many different and odd things and we were wanting to learn a little more about this watch. Any help would be appreciated, the internet doesn't have a photo of the exact watch. Also, does anyone know how you adjust the triple date parts? thanks Clint
    Last edited by clinto; January 4th, 2012 at 06:07.

Re: Vintage Bucherer watch

Hi and welcome.

As you probably know, Bucherer is a high quality chain of jewellers in Switzerland. www.bucherer.com | Product range They sell top brands, but also have had their own brand watches made by a variety of companies. Brevet just means patent. This style of watch is known as a date pointer - and yours also has the month and days of the week sometimes called 'triple date'. I would guess 1950s. As its an 18 carat gold watch in nice condition, its obviously desirable (we don't do valuations BTW).

The days of the week look to be fixed, whereas the date numbers will be on a moving internal bezel. As there is only one crown, it must be moved by that. Try pulling the crown out just a bit to see if that moves the bezel - or await more informed opinions. Is there a little recessed button on the case? If so, that will probably alter the month.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Hi,
    Thanks for replying.

There is another "crown" ( I am assuming that is used for winding and adjusting time), it is on the left around to 10 o'clock position, but it is just the threaded post, and is missing the crown. Is this something that can be replaced?

Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes, that can be replaced, in fact we'd suggest a full service if you plan on using it. I agree with the 1950's age, and that means it probably hasn't had any lubrication for at least a couple decades. Mechanical watches need a good service about every five years.
    That really is a very unique piece, and even more so that it was part of your family's history.
    Pink Floyd. Dark side of the moon. Side one, track four.
    Gallet Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalletChronographs/

Thread Information