Vintage Bulova Watch Value
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AbslomRob

Thread: Vintage Bulova Watch Value

Vintage Bulova Watch Value

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this. I have this vintage Bulova watch and I want to figure out its value. I don't know much about watches but I'll give as much info as I can.

The watch has a number on the back. H645237. It also has, "stainless steel back heavy gold electroplated bezel," on the back. I think the strap is not the original. I have four pictures of the watch. Any info about the watch would be helpful. I'll be happy to answer any other question if I can.

Edit: Woops. forgot to add pics. I get that I can't get a valuation but I'd still like to get some info about this watch.

Name:  DSCN0483resize.jpg
Views: 5773
Size:  276.9 KBName:  DSCN0486resize.jpg
Views: 1557
Size:  232.8 KBName:  DSCN0487resize.jpg
Views: 2497
Size:  273.3 KBName:  DSCN0488resize.jpg
Views: 2795
Size:  257.7 KB
    Last edited by RubberDuckey; July 16th, 2013 at 06:38.

Re: Vintage Bulova Watch Value

I'm going to bet you're going to get a response that valuations aren't given here.

But post your pictures anyway and we'll at least tell you if we like it. :)

Hi and welcome
    We do not give evaluations here
    Try an ADVANCED Ebay search - use advanced for World Wide AND COMPLETED listings
    Thats as good as an evaluation as you would need

Regards
    adam
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think it's something from the Clipper line. The whale means it's waterproof, and is from later then 1968. There's s two-digit code on the back; I think it might be N0? That's the date code; the first character is the decade (n=7, m=6, l=5) and the second is the year, so N0 would be 1970. A good place to check Bulova models is at MyBulova.com; they have old ads and if you sign up, you can upload pictures of your watch and the members will try to identify it.
    JP71624 likes this.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Thank you. Yes the date number is N0. I'll go check that site and see what I can find about this watch.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckey View Post
    Thank you. Yes the date number is N0. I'll go check that site and see what I can find about this watch.
    I've taken a quick glance for you and didn't see any currently posted models that exactly matched yours.
    That doesn't mean don't still go browse.
    Like Rob said, you can join and upload your watch and they will try to determine it.

It's either a "Clipper" model or a "Sea King", which kind of ran together, it appears, in that time period. But the late 60s and early 70s appears hazy on definitive info sometimes.

Also, click "Information" and the vintage ads, as mentioned. I did not see an ad with yours on there, but, again, double check. Yours has a more classic case and numerals than some others, it looks like.
    "Time flies when you're throwing watches."
    What has a man profited, if he gains the whole world yet forfeits his soul? Mt16:26
    IG: @BuyingOnTime

Thread Information