Vintage Casio LCD watch: please help

Thread: Vintage Casio LCD watch: please help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vintage Casio LCD watch: please help

Hello to all.
    I'm searching for the MODEL NAME of an old Casio lcd sport watch built probably in the early 90s. I remember it has black rubber belt, a "rare to see" rounded box, classics number style but with hours numbers bigger than the minutes and these bigger than the seconds. Those ones was really tiny.
    In the upper part there was a circle lcd measure "emulating" the analogic 24hrs circle and in the right upper part there was a classic horizzontal lcd measurement.
    It appear a simple classic thin old style Casio watch but it was different and more expensive than the classic Casio black rubber one the sell today for few euros.
    It's not easy the explain and searching on the net and ebay I've not found anything about it.

Please help. :)

Bye
    Last edited by Simon82; March 19th, 2008 at 17:10.

Re: Vintage Casio LCD watch: please help

All I can suggest is keep looking on eBay. If you don't find it there, it's unlikely you'll find it - unless you get lucky in a flea market , swap meet, or car boot sale (whatever you call it in your part of the world.)

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald View Post
    All I can suggest is keep looking on eBay. If you don't find it there, it's unlikely you'll find it - unless you get lucky in a flea market , swap meet, or car boot sale (whatever you call it in your part of the world.)
    Yeah but I need for the model name..

With this probably Ebay will show it but if I don't know how it was called it nearly impossible.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I doubt if we are going to be able to give you the model name/number.
    I just searched for vintage casio lcd watch on eBay and got 9 items. Not a large number to check over each day.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald View Post
    I doubt if we are going to be able to give you the model name/number.
    I just searched for vintage casio lcd watch on eBay and got 9 items. Not a large number to check over each day.
    Yeah, surely, but not all peoples sell thing like this with "vintage" word.

I'll wait that some "Casio guru" help me.. :thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon82 View Post
    Yeah, surely, but not all peoples sell thing like this with "vintage" word.

I'll wait that some "Casio guru" help me.. :thanks

This is an ebay guide written by a Casio guru. Why don't you ask him if he knows which model you mean?

Good luck.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Collecting-V...00000002135944

In fact he says:

Feel free to drop me an email with questions or comments at casiophile @ yahoo.com.

And have a look here:

http://www.pocketcalculatorshow.com/nerdwatch/
    Last edited by Marrick; March 19th, 2008 at 18:44. Reason: Even better info.

Oh boy...I'm a guru? LOL Now I need to grow a white beard and go live on a mountaintop somewhere...

Was the watch square or round? If square then it may be the AE-22W [808] Twin Graph II. If round then perhaps the AE-31W [922] or AE-30W [894]. Do a bit of googling and you should find them. If not email me and I'll send pics.

Cheers, Greg

Thanks for the post Greg. I believe Simon said it was a round case.

Quote Originally Posted by casiophile View Post
    Oh boy...I'm a guru? LOL Now I need to grow a white beard and go live on a mountaintop somewhere...

Was the watch square or round? If square then it may be the AE-22W [808] Twin Graph II. If round then perhaps the AE-31W [922] or AE-30W [894]. Do a bit of googling and you should find them. If not email me and I'll send pics.

Cheers, Greg
    Hi Greg,
    thank you for the help. I've seen that model but it's different. Mine had numbers on the down side of the screen, and in the upper side there was this little circle led divided in something like 12 led and in the right part another horizzontal one with no real usage regarding the measurement itself but they blink recording the time.

mmmm...at first I thought you meant LCA (Liquid Crystal Analog) but now I think you're talking about one of Casios many 'graph timer' style watches. There are dozens of possibilities. Maybe the TRW-31 [862].

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information