Vintage Constellation

Thread: Vintage Constellation

Vintage Constellation

I thought I would share some pictures (Seller's) of my new ~1964 Constellation, CD168.004, cal. 561. I believe it will be a keeper. After buying and selling several Connies over the last several years, I may have found my day-to-day dress watch.

The dial appears to be original, the case shows very, very little wear, and all in all seems to be in phenomenal condition. The crystal is original with the Omega symbol in the middle. The hands may or not be replacements. They do not quite reach the minute marks, but I have seen several of this model with the same length hands, including one on Omega's website. Movement looks good and possibly had a rotor assembly replacement at some point.
    The crown seems to be original but does not sit in where it is supposed to in this "hidden crown" case. Desmond speculated that the stem may be a replacement that needs to be shortened. This brings me to a couple of questions:

The watch has been stored in a safe for 7+ years. Should it be serviced immediately? It lost about 15 seconds in 24 hours.
    Can someone recommend a watchmaker, preferably in or close to Atlanta, that they would trust to work on a beautiful vintage watch? Don't care if its an AD. I'd like the cost to be reasonable and the time out measured in weeks and not months.

Thanks in advance:thanks
    Attached Thumbnails

Re: Vintage Constellation

Here are two watchmakers I use. Both are in Roswell.

http://www.theowatchrepair.com/

Theo does nice work at reasonable prices. He only works four days at week (Monday to Thursday) so it sometimes takes a while for him to get work churned out.

http://www.swisswatchandclock.com/about.html

Cornell is a perfectionist and does fabulous work. He is a bit on the expensive side, but I have never been disappointed. He restored a few watches for me and I have been very pleased with this work.

I usually go to Theo for the COA and minor work and Cornell for the full restoration. Both charge around $100 for a COA.

Very nice Connie. Looks well worth a trip to the spa. I have a couple that I enjoy wearing as well.

Looks like a couple of good suggestions there. I'll repeat our normal advice here that if you don't know when the watch was last serviced (or if you do know and it's been over 5 years) it never hurts to get it cleaned and lubricated. It is certainly worth it for such a beautiful Omega.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Four of Diamonds! They both look like just the caliber of watchmaker I'm looking for.
    Ray, I agree and will take it in first chance I get.

Happy to help. Please ask Theo if he has finished with my two Longines.....

Thread Information