Vintage Edele Watch
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Vintage Edele Watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vintage Edele Watch

I know Edele is an off-brand Swiss watch from the 1970s or so. Can anyone comment on the quality or movement? It is a 17 jewel hand-wind movement.

Re: Vintage Edele Watch

What's the full number under the balance wheel? The logo beneath looks like ETA but I am not sure. Perhaps the experts here don't need a better image (or the number separately), otherwise that would help.

13:50 and 7 seconds with the minutes- and seconds hand not well coordinated (unless it just looks like this from the angle of view)? I remember that dial:

Vintage Edele Gents Swiss Mechanical Watch 1960S Brand New Old Stock | eBay
    Last edited by Border-Reiver; August 8th, 2015 at 09:56.

I think it's 2750 because European 1s and 7s look the same. The 2750 is a discontinued ETA hand wind movement, 17 jewels, 21600 beats/minute.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The diffence between a European 1 and 7 (outside Britain) is, that the 7 has a top line going exactly horizontal to the left, and the corresponding line of a 1 comes down in an angle of about 45 degrees (same length). To me, that looks like 2150 or 215D and it appears, that the is also a fifth digit, hidden by the balance wheel. You might have to check that when you get the watch. The logo looks ETA, but that is also not so clear to me and I am a bit confused now, as I cannot find an ETA movement with such a number, starting with 21*** and the 2750 you mentioned is not it, I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

It's actually not an ETA movement, it's by Durowe in their time in the ESA (hence the shield-like logo) as Intex - so there should be an INT inside the shield. The movement is something like the Durowe Cal. 451:

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...swk&Durowe_451

German makers (PUW also) sometimes liked to put the beat rate on the movement as well so the number you see should read "21600" (as in A/h).

Hartmut Richter
    Last edited by Hartmut Richter; August 8th, 2015 at 18:54.
    Border-Reiver likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    It's actually not an ETA movement, it's by Durowe in their time in the ESA (hence the shield-like logo) as Intex - so there should be an INT inside the shield. The movement is something like the Durowe Cal. 451:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Durowe 451 (INT)

German makers (PUW also) sometimes liked to put the beat rate on the movement as well so the number you see should read "21600" (as in A/h).

Hartmut Richter
    That solves the puzzle. Couldn't extract anything better from the logo and just saw a similarity (frame) with ETA. It is always difficult when you just have the images from the seller and not the watch in front of you.
    busmatt likes this.

So this watch is German and not Swiss then? Does anyone have experience with this movement?

Just to follow up, would this be a good vintage watch purchase for less than $100?

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Depends on the state it's in. It certainly looks nice and clean but if it needs a service (and they usually do), I would expect to get it for <50$.

Hartmut Richter

Seller claims the watch has been recently serviced. If this is so, I should probably factor in the price of service.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information