Vintage Girard Perregaux Gyromatic HF - some help needed
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mew88

Thread: Vintage Girard Perregaux Gyromatic HF - some help needed

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,579

    Vintage Girard Perregaux Gyromatic HF - some help needed

    Hi all,
    I would like to share with you guys my newly acquired GP Gyromatic HF.

    Hope you guys enjoy the quick and dirty pictures attached.



    That said, I also have a problem trying to figure out how to change the day/date on the watch. Pulling out the crown only places it in the postion to set the time. Im not sure if this is a movement/crown/stem problem or I am doing it the wrong way.

    Also I would appreciate if anyone has more information on the watch.
    larrythompson likes this.

  2. #2
    Moderator Public Forum John MS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    21,012

    Re: Vintage Girard Perregaux Gyromatic HF - some help needed

    Are there three positions for the crown? If so the second should be for time setting and the third a push-pull for date setting. Day setting would be accomplished by either turning the hands through the days or wig-wag between 9:00 and 12:00PM.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,579

    Re: Vintage Girard Perregaux Gyromatic HF - some help needed

    Theres only 2 positions for the crown it seems, im thinking this watch doesnt have a quickset function.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Eeeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes - USofA
    Posts
    18,132

    Re: Vintage Girard Perregaux Gyromatic HF - some help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by mew88 View Post
    Theres only 2 positions for the crown it seems, im thinking this watch doesnt have a quickset function.
    A pic of the movement will be helpful in determining the calibre. One of the problems with unfamiliar watches is sometimes you can not tell what is 'not a feature' and what is broken. Some watches change the day by turning the crown in the opposite direction from the date setting. And some require day to be set manually by advancing the time until the day is correct. To the best of my knowledge, most of the 36000 bph movements do have quickset on the date.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

    "The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

    ...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3

    Re: Vintage Girard Perregaux Gyromatic HF - some help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by mew88 View Post
    Hi all,
    I would like to share with you guys my newly acquired GP Gyromatic HF.

    Hope you guys enjoy the quick and dirty pictures attached.

    That said, I also have a problem trying to figure out how to change the day/date on the watch. Pulling out the crown only places it in the postion to set the time. Im not sure if this is a movement/crown/stem problem or I am doing it the wrong way.

    Also I would appreciate if anyone has more information on the watch.

    would you be interested in selling?, Larry

  7. #6
    Member Mr Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    3,884

    Re: Vintage Girard Perregaux Gyromatic HF - some help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by larrythompson View Post
    would you be interested in selling?, Larry
    Very bad form on your first post Larry.
    Rick

    Incoming: Heuer Autavia 'Siffert'


  8. #7
    Member Marrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    East Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    7,743

    Re: Vintage Girard Perregaux Gyromatic HF - some help needed

    Hi Larry.

    Negotiations about selling aren't permitted in general forums. You should send a PM (Private Message) to the member who posted this watch.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

    Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)


    Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3

    Re: Vintage Girard Perregaux Gyromatic HF - some help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Marrick View Post
    Hi Larry.

    Negotiations about selling aren't permitted in general forums. You should send a PM (Private Message) to the member who posted this watch.
    quite right, my bad. will do as you say, New to posting on forums, thanks. -Larry

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3

    Re: Vintage Girard Perregaux Gyromatic HF - some help needed

    thanks for the heads up, first time on a forum. Just figured out how to PM.

  11. #10
    Member TheJohnP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,344

    Re: Vintage Girard Perregaux Gyromatic HF - some help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    Are there three positions for the crown? If so the second should be for time setting and the third a push-pull for date setting. Day setting would be accomplished by either turning the hands through the days or wig-wag between 9:00 and 12:00PM.
    I've got a couple of high beat movements and the date wheel is accessed by pushing in the crown.
    To change the day, you gotta do as John MS recommends.
    I've got more Converse sneakers than watches, but it is a close race.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •