Vintage Girard Perregaux watches

Thread: Vintage Girard Perregaux watches

Vintage Girard Perregaux watches

Hi everyone, this is my first time and post here at the forum.

I'm really attracted to the vintage watches made by Girard Perregaux and have found a couple on ebay. I wondered if someone who knew more about them would be able to take a quick look at them and tell me if you think they are authentic and what is a reasonable price to pay. Thanks very much in advance,

James.

50s GIRARD PERREGAUX 'SeaHawk' c.18 17J THIN LARGE MEN SWISS STAINLESS STEEL | eBay

also

1950's Vintage GIRARD-PERREGAUX , Manual Wind, Serviced And Warranty | eBay

The sellers tell me they have been refinished but are 100% authentic movement, case and dial. The latter seller has lots of really beautiful but very perfect looking watches.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Vintage Girard Perregaux watches

It is easy to have pretty watches when you redial, polish, recrystal, polish, clean movements, polish, and take good pictures.

The examples you cite are probably at least redials and appear to be 'well' polished. I don't think they will attract an experienced collector. But someone will buy them. They are better than a new fashion watch...
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Hi Eeeb, thanks a lot for replying. I'm new to some of the terminology here. When you say 'redial' - does that mean that a completely new and recently produced dial has likely been used, or does it mean that its the original dial, cleaned up and polished?

Thanks a lot for your help.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Generally a redial removes all dial coatings chemically then builds them back up. A redial lowers the collectability of a watch but sometimes makes it sell-able...
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thread Information