Vintage gold pocket watch: Favre Leuba & Co - Bombay & Calcutta

Thread: Vintage gold pocket watch: Favre Leuba & Co - Bombay & Calcutta

Vintage gold pocket watch: Favre Leuba & Co - Bombay & Calcutta

Hey Everyone,

I have recently come across a family watch passed down from my great grandfather. My guess is that it would be from the 1920s - 1930s when he was working and living in India.

It looks great and is in good condition. I have taken some photos of it to show you. (Iphone photos, so apologies for the quality!)

Can anyone fill me in on any details they may know of this watch? I would love to know a bit more about it!

Newbie, Enthusiastic

Name:  image1.JPG
Views: 398
Size:  34.8 KB
    Name:  image2.JPG
Views: 379
Size:  39.3 KB
    Name:  image3.JPG
Views: 387
Size:  36.6 KB
    Name:  image4.JPG
Views: 365
Size:  37.4 KB

Re: Vintage gold pocket watch: Favre Leuba & Co - Bombay & Calcutta

Wow a really nice hairloom. The pic's are very smal to see deatails of this movement but what I see looks wonderful. The cown- and barrel wheel have more srews than nessesary. You usually only see this on very good movements. I'm not sure if they have wolf tooth or straight ones but in every case with this click no cheap trash . Unfortunately I can't see anything of the balancewheel and escapement or details from the finish of the platines. It would be informative to get a makro pic from the balance while standing. Probably its a excellent build 15 jewels swiss anchor movement.
    The watch itself with the chain is fantastic. Personal I think half hunters have always a special charme . Favre Leuba has had a gread office in India and later on also a own production wich get later on tata a gread india firm. But 1920/30 they only produced in swiss. Unfortunately I don't know their movements and I don't know if this nice one is a in house one. I hope someone else could help.

Kind regards Silke
    That's what I think about today:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlUGeY7MWVo

Re: Vintage gold pocket watch: Favre Leuba & Co - Bombay & Calcutta

Quote Originally Posted by SilkeN View Post
    Wow a really nice hairloom. The pic's are very smal to see deatails of this movement but what I see looks wonderful. The cown- and barrel wheel have more srews than nessesary. You usually only see this on very good movements. I'm not sure if they have wolf tooth or straight ones but in every case with this click no cheap trash . Unfortunately I can't see anything of the balancewheel and escapement or details from the finish of the platines. It would be informative to get a makro pic from the balance while standing. Probably its a excellent build 15 jewels swiss anchor movement.
    The watch itself with the chain is fantastic. Personal I think half hunters have always a special charme . Favre Leuba has had a gread office in India and later on also a own production wich get later on tata a gread india firm. But 1920/30 they only produced in swiss. Unfortunately I don't know their movements and I don't know if this nice one is a in house one. I hope someone else could help.

Kind regards Silke
    Thanks for the reply!

I have these higher resolution pictures, but I can take some more if need be!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Very interesting to read your thoughts in the above post. Just glad to know a little more about it!

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Thread Information