Vintage Hamilton - Swiss movement

Thread: Vintage Hamilton - Swiss movement

Vintage Hamilton - Swiss movement

Hello there. I have a vintage Hamilton, it was my dad's and I am trying to identify the model and year. In speaking with my mom, my dad had it before they were married, therefore it could be from 1960-1967. I don't have a picture of it, as it is being serviced right now, but I do know the following, that it is marked 'Swiss', so it does not have American made movement, and since it is Swiss, that would put it in the sixties for the era. I don't think it is from the 1950's. If anyone pm me scanned catalogs from the 1960-1967 or post links that would be wonderful. As soon as I get back, I will post pictures so that the watch can be identified.
    thanks so much!

Re: Vintage Hamilton - Swiss movement

"Swiss" on a Hamilton is more likely 70's+... beyond that we will probably have to wait for pics. No "Swiss" Hamiltons existed in the 50's, to the best of my knowledge.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Hamilton had been incorporating Swiss movements in their watches for years prior to their purchase of Buren in 1966; their "Thin-o-matic" line (using Buren's microrotor) was I think launched in the late 50's (Hamilton's cal 666 based on the Buren 1000a):
    http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...k&Hamilton_666

Some other info:
    http://www.timezone.com/library/arch...88314105468750

Hamilton also used a number of ETA movements in the late 50's and through the 60's.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here are some pictures, crappy blackberry doesn't take good pictures. It is what the gentleman servicing called the "ugly" style. It has day/date feature.

case is 14k not plated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information